★ merry christmas.

━━━━     late post, but it's here. merry christmas, happy holidays :))

"It's that time of the year again, boys – The annual Alpha Team gift exchange!" Buck cheered as soon as all of us gathered and sat down on the living room couch.

Eddie grinned, his gestures showing how excited he was. "Oh, finally. I've been looking forward for this for weeks!"

Looking over at the taller male, Tommy rose a brow. "Weeks? How about months?" He inquired while you nodded at his words.

"Can't wait to see what everyone got each other..." Murmuring to yourself, you can only imagine how this one would go. Likely worst compared to last year's exchange.

"Buck? You wanna go first?" Mason suggested. The Irish fellow didn't hesitate and grabbed the carefully little bag that had his name tagged on it from the table.

He opened his present and took out a stuffed dog. "Aw, wow. Thanks, (Y/n)." Buck said in gratitude, a smile on his face as he chose to put the small husky plush back on the table, putting away the bag.

"(Y/n)!" Spunc called from the flat screen monitor, making you and the others avert your attention to said screen. "I wanna go next! I wanna go next, I wanna go next-- So, here you go!" You see the icon of his face smile, playfully winking before his face disappeared and appeared little hearts floating around in the screen. Then a claw machine of some kind came from the ceiling, dropped down and handed you a tiny box with a ribbon on it.

You instantly knew what it was because the gift wasn't wrapped with paper at all but you untied the ribbon anyway just to be sure. Opening the airpod case, you hummed upon seeing it in your favorite colour. "Thanks, Spunc. I love it." Spunc cheered.

The digital being's face returned, hopping around. "Can I go next now? Can I go next, can I go next, can I go next please–"

"Oh, sure you can, Spunc!" Buck got up from his place, the bouquet of flowers already with him. It goes down hill from here...

Spunc was absolutely heartbroken about the picked tulips. Mason received an actual hand grenade from Tommy, which could've blown up if Mason wasn't holding the safety lever/if the mint hued haired male didn't find the pin. Meanwhile Tommy got cashed forty bucks by Eddie so that he can buy his own food delivery. Finally, the brunette himself unwrapped a ”personalized” iPhone which Mason took back because of the set up price limit. Needless to say, they got into an argument.

"My problem?" The glasses wearing male started. "At least I didn't get us almost killed instead of admitting I forgot to buy a present!" He spat, his words a jab at the male to his left.

"Now, fuck you, Mason. Stealing from work is the highest form of flattery..." Tommy replied, a finger in the air. Should've gotten him a facts book. Then he looks to his side, to clearly pull Eddie into the argument. "Unlike Cash Apping me last minute so I can buy my own gift!"

Slightly flinching, you see a bowl of popcorn being softly nudged at your arm. "Popcorn?" Buck quietly questioned, putting a kernel into his mouth.

Eddie got onto his feet, rising from his spot. "Hey, I don't know if you have any dietary restrictions." The boys clenched their fists out of anger, but kept exchanging angry words with each other.

You let Buck eat the popcorn and shortly, you took a piece from the bowl and ate it, just as the trio looked in the direction of you and the Irishman — Just as someone rang the doorbell. Who could be outside at a time like this?

"Spunc?" Called out Buck, half mouth full with the buttery food. He gulped, nearly choking. The doorbell went off once more. "Spunc? Who's at the..." The male paused, processing.  "Oh, right. Yeah, I forgot..." He got up, adjusting his beanie on the way to the front door. You watched as he crouched down to pick something up at the porch. Buck closed the door afterwards and placed the plastic covered gift basket on the table after moving away the other items. He picked up a note attached, reading it aloud. "Happy holidays to the five most important people in my life. Your loyal friend, Stephen?"

Mason unwrapped the plastic and discarded it before everyone observed the presents that Stephen sent. There were sewed plushies of everyone, folded scarves, a tiny photo album from the looks of it, and even a few candy canes... You should've bought Among Us plushies instead.

After some silence, Eddie spoke up, putting a hand behind his head. "I'm sorry, guys. I forgot about the gift exchange..." He then looked down after admitting it.

"Same." Buck followed after with no hesitation.

"Yeah, me too..." Tommy looked down at the floor as well.

"I remembered..." Mason shrugged, averting his gaze. "I just didn't care enough to buy a gift."

You fiddled with your fingers, speaking up quickly before the natural born leader decided to start his motivational speech. "I remembered it yesterday..." You took a pause, eyeing the wrecked tulip area outside. "I only stole the gifts from old neighbors this morning."

"Well, at least there's a gift." You heard Tommy mutter.

You returned your attention back to the team. "We're best friends and we couldn't even take five minutes to order something off of Amazon, yet Stephen, spent months on personalized gifts..." Eddie lightly shook his head afterwards.

Heaving a sigh, Tommy eyed the gift basket. "I wish we could do something."

"But its Christmas Eve! It's too late." Mason pointed out.

The tall brunette hummed in thought, a hand under his chin. "...Maybe not."

Before everyone went out and speedran organizing for Stephen's presents, you gave everyone else their gifts. For Mason and Tommy, you gave them a dog stuffed animal as well while for Eddie, you gave him a cat. They were extremely thankful. You turned on the TV to ”give” Spunc his gift, a sheep plush you stole from the neighbors newborn, but the A.I. was still sobbing so you just left it somewhere near by and in an angle where he can see the object.

A gift for Stephen however... You already gave Ruby and Allison their presents yesterday. Ruby, a neck pillow while you reluctantly handed Allison a wrapped up slang dictionary. So you just threw in some clean fabrics that you found and a thing you rarely use anymore. The others, put in the gifts they received inside of the bag, even adding misplaced screws or haze nuts that they found around the mansion. Excluding Buck, he just threw batteries in and that was it. With that, everyone was off to Stephen's place, wearing the scarves the robo man sent, adding on beanies, earmuffs, or xmas themed headbands to go with it. You forgot that this A.I. stayed at a... shed.

After some hushed whispers, Eddie knocked on the door and a couple of seconds passed, it opened. "Happy holidays, Stephen!" He greeted.

"Alpha Team?" He couldn't believe it and you desperately tried to look awake for the lonely guy. "It's Christmas Eve? What are you doing here?" Stephen questioned with a rose brow.

Mason and Tommy said their corny words before Buck announced the red bag he had. "We also brought... gifts!" He moved through to get to the front and just lamely threw the sack down to the floor, the contents spilling out.

Stephen gasped, taking the grenade. He looked so grateful. Maybe Christmas wasn't that bad this year – besides Spunc being upset, you'll try to cheer him up the next time you see him and hopefully not fall asleep while doing it – It was an oddly wholesome time, chatting with Stephen, eating the food that he rushed that still tasted good.