✦ eddie - falling out

━━━  Some angst of some kind because I'm feeling like the scum of the earth. More BBS one-shots soon, maybe even an update on my other book. All of Alpha Team are my favorite, it's just so easy to write angst when it's Eddie.

It felt wrong, at the same time it didn't. You couldn't really blame yourself for liking Eddie. What first turned to an innocent crush to completely falling for his quirky nature. Like other people, you weren't aware when it precisely happened... It just did. But the elephant in the room had to be addressed; he liked somebody else — That somebody being Ruby.

He's made it clear that he's down bad for her, so obvious and yet she rejected everything from him. The rest of Alpha Team found it laughable while you pitied him. You knew that Ruby had reasons to turn him down, but why does Eddie keep chasing after her? Is he one of those people that are like: ”Once I meet that special someone, I would give everything for them; No looking back.” If so, that'd be unfortunate, it'd just mean that you'd completely have zero chance with him.

Recently, it would appear that Eddie had been examining the rest of Alpha Team lately. Why? Not a clue. Examining the examiner, you noted that he was likely figuring out the team's body language... You quickly averted your gaze, panicking.

Would that mean he'd notice how I act differently around him compared to when I'm with the others?

Would you have to force yourself to act much more... natural when near him? That sounded impossible. Treating the individual you love wholeheartedly like how you treat the rest of the people around you. "(Y/n)," A hand was placed on your shoulder causing you to flinch. Looking at the hand, you easily figured it was Tommy. You turned around to greet him. "Want to go buy some shit? It'll make Buck pissed."  The random invite made you furrow your brows, but buying stuff and making the Irishman mad? You nodded with a small smile making the male with mint hued hair grin himself. "Great! We're leaving in a couple of minutes, so go get ready."

Turning on your foot, you rushed up the stairs to pick out a decent outfit to go wear outside.

Eddie had been examining body language that week. Something he decided to pick up on to find if Ruby at least liked him or found him more than somewhat tolerable. The tall, brunette viewed more than five videos on body language and ended up examining his closest friends first. He did, in fact, notice how your actions differed whenever he was around. It didn't take long for him to realize (like two or three days) that you might have felt something for him.

He would be interested (key word: would) but he didn't want to lead you on or tell you that he wasn't interested. Pretty much, he didn't want to reject you. On the same day that he realized your feelings for him, Tommy came up to him and told him: ”Wanna go shopping? It'll make Mason mad”, to which he shot down making the shorter male approach Buck, only to get shot down as well, then eventually he walked over to you and it looked like you accepted the sudden invite.

Seeing Tommy smile a bit too quickly once you did, it made Eddie raise a brow.

Three weeks had passed since that day and it was made clear to the rest of Alpha Team (but you) that Tommy had grown a crush on you, both Mason and Buck were giggling like highschool girls upon finding out while Eddie had mixed feelings about it. Throughout those weeks, he observed as Tommy would approach every now and then and his attention would mostly be locked onto your face.

How your attention perked up whenever your name was called or there was a question directed at you, how your eyes would reflect the light making them shimmer, how you'd get all giddy almost or rush your words when nervous. Two weeks ago, most of the time, you used to get giddy or hurry with speaking exactly like that whenever he was around... Now you don't. It happened whenever you were around Tommy now instead.

He knew Tommy returned the feelings that you had for him and yet he couldn't help but observe still. The male's eyes would look away from you, shying to meet eye contact, his gaze trailing to your lips. Since the American developed a romantic interest to you, it was clear that he acted soft and gentle yet tried to keep his usual self when around you, having the need to impress you and help you in any way that he could...

After those observations, he's tried looking at Ruby like he used to. Nothing. The want to get her attention, the plethora of date ideas he thought of and imagining her with him - None of that rushed through his mind. Eddie shook his head, did he grow feelings for you while you fell out of it?

No. It can't be... What cruel coincidence, what cruel timing.

"We're going on a date?" He heard Tommy question rather loudly. The words making his breath hitch.

No...