✩ nothing happened, II

━━━━     it's here, part two :0

Spoilers if you haven't watched episode two of Alpha Betas yet! inspired by a reply to a comment that asked whether Bravo Team was... well, we'll get to it.

Long one-shot because... I love Alpha Team <3  and it's been a while anyway.

Before you could verify or debunk any of those questions... You woke up.

You fluttered your eyes open, looking around before quietly groaning. You were still outside the distant arcade, Alpha Team still messing around with the machines. Averting your gaze down, you turned your back against the building. You pinched yourself, something you started doing whenever you were reminded of the squad, as if it was all actually a bad dream and that you'll wake up.

Of course, that wasn't the case. You're still very much wide awake. "Fuck..." Holding back tears, you peered over you shoulder to take another glance at them only to swiftly look away when you notice both Mason and Eddie gazing your way. You didn't know if they were actually looking at you, though...

Would they even recognize me? Would they approach me instead? Would that be good or bad? I... I want to hug them at least.

Wiping away tears that you didn't realize were present until now with the back side of your hand, you eventually decide on walking back to the Bravo Team base. "Excuse me..." Before you could even take a step, you heard a familiar voice behind you making you freeze. You didn't have to turn around– You didn't want to, rather. You already know that it's the sassy sarcastic member from the team. Because you're awkward, you pulled out your... Oh yeah, that's right, you left your phone. "I'm sorry? But my friend and I couldn't help but notice that you were..." Mind laced with panic, you did what first came to mind with zero hesitation.

You ran away.

"No, hey– Wait!"

Since then, you avoided any form of face to face contact with Alpha Team in the virtual world. You've always avoided them since you were forced into Bravo Team but you put extra effort into it this time. Although, it's not like they'd recognize your face or voice because Bravo is always disguised as a randomly generated NPC – you simply only feared being in close proximity to them.

"So... What's the mission?" Edgelord questioned, fiddling with his jacket collar, as he walked through the metal doorway, you and the other three behind his trail.

Allison sighed. "To make a long story short: A coder snapped, hacked into the Energy Division system. Six games got combined into one from what we found out. Also, if it crashes... You figure out what happens." She explained in a rush, basically ushering us to sit down on our rig booths already.

"Hold on, what?" Emily spoke up, voice loud and shocked, but still sat down on her booth she self claimed. The same spot Buck used to sit on... Huffing, you took the seat to her left which was Eddie's old spot. Yours was previously the middle rig but Edgelord claimed it the moment Alpha Team was fired by Allison and announced that Bravo Team was taking over. It was fortunate that you called in sick that day.

"Just defeat...whatever it is so that we can have control back." Allison spoke, voice annoyed, back to the usual.

"Entry in two minutes..." Ruby announced through her microphone so you made yourself comfortable in your place. You couldn't help the churn in your stomach every time you heard the timer beep for preparation. This wasn't going to be an easy mission...