☆ alpha team ─ nothing happened

━━━━      Inspired by a dream I had. Technically, a nightmare because unknowingly time travelling is terrifying.

──  platonic

"Another day, another fail!"

Was that miss Allison?  It sounded like she was upset about something. She definitely wasn't talking about today's mission. Deciding to follow the sound of her voice, each vexed insult growing louder each step of the way. Eventually, you found yourself in front of two ginormous metal double doors. I keep forgetting how huge the headquarters building actually is...

In case the gates respond to any form of contact, you kept yourself a good few distances from it - Enough to listen in hopefully and enough to hopefully run away. "...have a limited amount of attempts. If each member has some sort of amazing moment on each mission, just do the same. I'm extending Bravo Team's training hours and if Alpha Team doesn't fail by the end of the year..." Not hearing anything, you could only guess that's it's a deadly threat. "Understand? Now, be sure to explain everything to Emily and Sammy once you see them, I'm not repeating my words."

Hearing a familiar click noise to your left, you swallowed a lump in your throat before facing the direction. A gun designed magenta and light gray was pointed directly at your head, the object being held by a female with neck lengthened light brunette hair. A male a few inches taller was behind her, hair tinted brown as well but a few shades darker, a few strands barely above his brows and wore glasses. The duo's clothing only consisting of magenta, light gray, dark gray and black. "How much did you hear?" The woman questioned or rather demanded to know, finger never leaving the trigger.

Shakily putting your hands up, you stayed silent, thinking of how to get out of the situation. Before you could even prepare for a move, the metal doors opened and out walked Allison, two males dejectedly following after her, the two's clothing colours akin to the two in front of you. Allison froze, eyes landing on you and the weirdos. "What happened?" she inquired, worry laced in her tone but you could tell that worry wasn't directed at you, who was being held gunpoint. "Sammy? Emily?"

"(Y/n) heard something, I'm sure of it!" The female, who you could guess would be Emily, answered in an exclaim. Sammy only nodding at her words, agreeing or confirming. The blond behind Allison seemingly gestured for Emily to put the gun down but she didn't and only did so when Allison told her to, eyes trailing after the gun, she placed it in her jacket's inside pocket before shoving you towards Allison.

Stumbling a few times, you anxiously stood there, not wanting to meet the tall woman's gaze. "(Y/n)," She started and you quietly hummed as a reply before partly tilting your head to look at her. "You'll be working with Bravo Team from now on." Furrowing your brows in confusion, you waited for her to continue. "I'll have Stephen pick up your items from the Alpha Team building and you'll be handing your phone over."

"What?" Silently speaking, voice cracking, you fought back the tears threatening to leave your eyes. She put a hand out, expecting for you to actually hand over the item she asked. As seconds went by, the Bravo Team members sent you glares (the only glares that didn't look precisely menacing were Sammy's and the ample male's ones). Releasing a shaky sigh, you pulled your phone out of your pocket and begrudgingly gave it to Allison, she took it and once she examined it, she turned around and walked away as if nothing happened.

The glares faltering from the four of them, the blond eyed the direction Allison went. "She must really like you to keep you around." He stated blankly, seeing him run a hand through his hair through the corner of your eye before he turned around to greet you. "Welcome to Bravo Team, I guess."

It's been three weeks since that happened, your phone was returned to you shortly after and of course, you got it back with a threat of some kind. All forms of contacts have been erased, the only remaining ones are Allison, Stephen, a few friends outside of ”work”, and new ones - To be more specific, the contact information of Bravo Team was added to your messages and dials list. You were a hundred percent certain that a tracking device or something alike was planted into your phone so you didn't bother trying to recover your team's numbers in the meantime.

Your time with Bravo Team was... Eventful, to say the least. They got you matching clothes and everything. Even the bedroom was tinted the very same hues (black and dark gray being the most dominant ones) which you didn't mind too much. The four original members of the squad reminded you so much of your former team, it pained you each time you saw some form of resemblance, it also made you wonder how Alpha Team was doing without you... You wondered what Allison told them, hopefully nothing rude or unpleasant to completely break their spirits or make them not trust you once you do see them again.

Your chemistry with the current team wasn't the greatest but you made sure to put a few effort just to please them. The only ones that were relatively nice to you were Sammy and Peter (headcanon name for him), Emily does seem like she was warming up to you while Tanner - or Edgelord, as he wanted to go by - was... somewhat of a jerk, he was good at running points, you'll give him that and he was occasionally nice from time to time, still strict but that was it.

That was pretty much it. There was a small amount of breaks or day off's in this group, hours would be spent on virtual training, physical training and planning for techniques. It was a cycle. They were nice but boring. So when you were allowed to go outside (not relatable), the first thing you did before stepping out the door was to leave your phone and after triple checking for any trackers on your clothes, you left the household for a walk.

Walking a few distances, you paused at an arcade to your right and saw four familiar figures, playing on the machines, cheering the other on. It was them. Would they be mad at me if I approach them? Disgusted, even?

Before you could verify or debunk any of those questions, you woke up.