7. ♡︎ COMFORT ♡︎

𝚆𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜
𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎
                                                                  -𝚁𝚞𝚖𝚒

NAINA:

“No I won’t talk with you both. You are so bad, you forgot my birthday..!!” a little 8 year old Naina cried to her Mom Dad. It was her 8th birthday and her parents apparently forgot to wish her.

“Sorry princess!! Look I am holding my ears. Please don’t cry baby !! I don’t like those tears in your eyes...” her papa said wiping her tears and holding his ears.

“Yes baby!! We are so sorry don’t cry... I have your birthday gift ... do you want it ??” her Mom said kissing her cheeks.

Naina’s eyes lit up in the name of gift. Her sobs died down and a sweet, cute smile broke into her lips. She bobbed her head up and down.

“where is my gift Mom ? Please tell me I want to see it..!” she said excitedly.

“Umm! Remember you told us that you want a little brother... so we are bringing a little brother...” Her father said holding her hands.

“Aaaa!! Reallyyyyy!! Thank you mom Dad!! Where is he?? I want to meet him... please tell me!!” Naina exclaimed in joy.... She was 9n cloud nine.

“ You cannot meet him now.” Her mom said.

Her smile faltered . “why...??” she asked throwing her legs.

“ Because he is in your mom’s tummy right now. After few months he will come out. But it can be your sister also..” Her papa made her understand..

Her smile came back. She placed her hand in her Mom’s tummy and said ,” Hey bro or sister. I love you..  please come out quickly, we will play together” she said placing a kiss on her tummy.

Both her parents chuckled.

She then said , “ I love you Mom , I love you papa” then she placed a kiss on their cheeks. “ we love you Naina” and they shared a group hug.

“okayyy who wants to have cola ..??” her Mom asked.

“ Meeee!!!!” Naina said showing her teeth. “ and me too “ said her papa....

“ okay lets gooo” said her Mom.....

A piece of memory flashed in front of my eyes. Its 7 in the morning and I am currently at the beach. Well !! Today is my parents death anniversary.  18 years to be exact they left me, or to be exact god took them away. This was the last memory as a family of them. Exactly after one month of my birthday my parents died in a car crash along with my unborn brother or sister. It took me days to sink in the fact that my parents are gone. I was waiting for them at the doorstep for two days thinking that they will come, but ......

Sometimes I think that why God always takes away the people’s I love. Why is it always me ? The question still prevails.. The cool sea water was hitting on my feet . Tears were flowing from my eyes. I cut my buzzing cell for nth time now , I don’t know I have lost the count. It was Ammu calling me . From last four years this place is the one where I come whenever I feel restless. It has some sense of serenity which calms my mind.

I was returning for my home. My phone buzzed again and I picked up the call and switched on the speaker and kept it in the dashboard..

Hello Nannu !! Where are you ? Why didn’t you tell me when you went out? Do you have any idea how much worried I am right now and you are not picking up my calls !!” she rambled out angrily.