15. ♡︎ REUNION... ♡︎

𝙺𝚘𝚕 𝚑𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚎 , 𝚜𝚎𝚔 𝚕𝚊𝚐𝚍𝚊 𝚊𝚎
𝙳𝚞𝚛 𝚓𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚎 , 𝚍𝚒𝚕 𝚓𝚊𝚕𝚍𝚊 𝚊𝚎
𝙺𝚎𝚑𝚍𝚒 𝚊𝚐𝚐 𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚛𝚊𝚋𝚋 𝚗𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚊𝚢𝚊 , 𝚛𝚊𝚋 𝚗𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚢𝚊 , 𝚛𝚊𝚋𝚋 𝚗𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚊𝚢𝚊
𝙴𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚂𝚘𝚗𝚊 𝚔𝚢𝚞𝚗 𝚛𝚊𝚋𝚋 𝚗𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚊𝚢𝚊.....

NAINA:

Today is Friday. It’s 11.45 a.m in the morning & Currently I am sitting in my cabin. I had a 16 hour shift which started on 8 in the evening yesterday. So basically my shift is gonna over in 15 minutes. My last patient is gone and so I am heading towards changing room.

I am tired, to be precise deadly tired. I haven’t slept last night. Though it’s a habit of the doctors , sleep deprivation is common , so ignoring this is not a big deal. Tomorrow we are going to Alibaug tocelebrate little Abhi’s  3rd birthday. So Nisha basically wanted to do shopping because apparently she has wardrobe malfunction. Typical Nisha!.. So she is gonna pick me , then we will go  on a shopping spree...

I was done changing and I was heading towards the elevator when a nurse came to me and said that our chief , Dr. Roy wants to meet me. It was still 5 minutes left. I went towards his cabin and knocked on his door. I heard a faint ‘come in’ and then opened the door. I saw that he was sitting on his chair and there was another person who was sitting in front of him whose back was facing me.

I greeted him , “ Good Afternoon chief!”

He replied,” oh Naina! Please come inside and have a sit. I want you to meet Dr. Vedant Saxena from The Royal Hospital London.He will be joining you in the surgical department. "
And that man turned around and indeed it was our Ved.... He was smiling at me.

Oh . My . God. !! Ved how are you ??” I shrieked. He came towards me and we hugged each other. It was after a whole two years I was seeing him. I , Advait , Fatima and Vedant used to study in same college in Delhi. It was completely out of our professionalism in front of chief to hug each other.

How are you Naina ?” He asked while hugging me ..

I am fine !! Just look at you !! 2 long years !!”I replied feeling ecstatic.

It was then chief cleared his throat and we came back from our greeting session.

So Doctors I think you know each other!! I guess then I didn’t need to introduce you to each other. “  Dr. Roy said.

After completing few formalities we came outside and I asked him  the most important question,  “Did Fatima knows about your transfer here ?”

“No ! I haven’t told her yet... I just told her that I am came back to India for a week. I just wanted to give her surprise. I will tell her today itself that I am shifting back to India...” He said showing me his recruitment letter.

By now we already came outside the hospital. I said to him that Nisha is coming to pick me up. Yup ! He knows Nisha. The story goes back in Delhi. Though Nisha was in engineering college back in Delhi but she used to hang out with us during short trips. Being the social butterfly she used to become friends with a huge number of people. I was more of a kind of ambivert. Me , Advait, Nisha , Fatima and Vedant once went to Kasol for a trip. It was one of our best trips. Fatima and Vedant are dating since college days. After completing M.B.B.S he went to pursue M.S. in London. They are still in a long distance relationship  I came to Mumbai to pursue my M.S.., while Fatima went for specialization. When I joined this hospital , I again met with Fatima. It was after Advait’s death that we were scattered.