10. ♡︎ THE REALISATION ♡︎

𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚝𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞  𝚢𝚘𝚞’𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎,  𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚒𝚗.................

AUTHOR’S POV:

 "Cheeku !! Naina has been taken to the hospital!!".
As soon as these words left from Shantanu's mouth , Kabir froze there. He continued, “ Shreyas called me. He was trying your phone but it is switched off. Apparently  Naina got an attack of fits…. Ammu tried to recover her but she wasn’t opening her eyes… She called an ambulance but before that Nisha and Dev reached there , now they are on their way to the hospital.”

( N.B. : An attack of fits is where a person gets epileptic seizures. The patient suddenly loses consciousness,  their eyes roll back, their body starts shaking vigourously, the person starts foaming saliva.
it is not epileptic but caused due to extreme stress or previous medical conditions. The person does not die but if the person doesn’t recovers then it may be harmful)

Kabir was totally in shock. He sat in the nearby couch by a loud thud. His brother came near him and shook him by his shoulders  and said , “ Kabir , this is not the time, she needs you. Ammu cannot handle her singlehandedly. It’s already late. “  

And his eyes snapped towards his brother , and he shouted, his eyes red , “No !! Nothing will happen to her. She will be fine”

He stood up and made a dash outside his office. He was running like a mad man . All the employees in his office stared at their boss  in shock. Both Shantanu and Samaira were having hard time matching up to his pace. There was only one thing in his head right now that nothing will happen to her Naina.

 He went to his parking and unlocked his car and drove towards the hospital. By this time he called Nisha asking her in which hospital they are taking her in. Shantanu and Samaira was following him in their car. He  drove his car in a break neck speed , bumping into cars..He literally covered the 20 minutes hospital distance in less than 10 minutes. He saw Nisha’s car pulling up in the hospital driveway.

He opened the door and saw Dev carrying her. He ran towards them. His state disheveled,  hair messy. He saw Naina , her eyes closed, hands tight in a fist , her face pale , white dried foam at the corner of her mouth, unaware of anything.  Seeing Naina in this state his heart pained immensely. Then realization dawned upon him, he realized that he loved her.

KABIR:

My heart pained seeing my Naina in such a state. I took her from Dev and carried her inside in my arms in bridal style. Nisha told me , “ Kabir we have to take her inside.”  I nodded. And took her inside. The hospital authorities rushed towards us as soon as we entered the hospital lobby. The receptionist was fast enough to call the doctors and nurses. I placed her in the stretcher and the ward boys dragged it into the lift. I held her frail small now cold hands into mine. Others went into another lift.

As soon as the elevator dinged open , a doctor came running towards us , “ Oh my God ! Naina ?!! What happened to her. “ she asked

Ammu replied , “ She was fine in the morning.  But suddenly she got the attack of her fits. It’s the second time , she got this.”
My eyes snapped towards them with this newfound information. She has been through this before.

She looked at Naina’s chest movement and then her pulse. She said , “ I am not getting any pulse and there is no chest movement.  Hurry up!! Give me a oxygen mask and take her in the ICU “ .The nurse asked one ward boy who handed an oxygen mask to her which she made her wear while looping the strands behind her ear while the ward boy held her head up .