When you don't say "I love you" back after an argument; ft. 𝙎𝙪𝙜𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙖 𝙆.

post-time skip

╰───────────────

╰───────────────

・❥・ "Look Angel, I'm sorry. But there was nothing I could've do-"-your husband argues, but is cut off by you.
"Kōshi I think we should go to bed, we're pretty tired. This isn't going to get us anywhere."-you say, closing your eyes in slight annoyance because of how tired you already were, pinching the bridge of your nose as you sigh. The fact that something so petty could get to you so much made you even more irritated.
Kōshi tries to hug you, wanting nothing more but to comfort you in a way, for the two of you to be okay. Before he could do that, you turn on your heel and walk upstairs to your shared bedroom. Kōshi's arms drop to his sides, his mouth hanging slightly open because of the way you just dismissed him (which you never did). Did this whole situation make you this mad at him? He feels guilt wash over him, the fact that he could've solved this matter long ago, but he was childish. He doesn't like it when you're mad at him like this (which happens rarely), it makes him feel like your deep connection is being cut off.
The slam of the door of your bedroom makes him come back from his thoughts, as he flinched from the loud sound. So you really were mad.
He decides on following after you, and as he enters the room, he sees you going trough your closet, searching for your nightwear. You don't turn to him, not even acknowledging his presence. Kōshi gulps, approaching you.
"Angel?"-he calls out softly, putting his hand on your shoulder, as he stands behind you.
You exhale in annoyance, but also can't help but feel butterflies in your stomach because of the sweet nickname of his.
"Yes, Kōshi?"-you answer, the usage of his first name made his heart hurt slightly at the moment.
"I'm sorry. You know I didn't mean to, I was just childish."-he apologizes, squeezing your shoulder softly, as he kisses you behind your ear. A tingle goes down your spine, he always knows how to get you swooning over him. Still, you were too irritated to give in.
"It's alright."-you say a little harsher than intended. He shivers behind you, deciding to place another kiss but on the back of your neck.
"I love you Angel."-he mutters against your neck. When you don't say anything back, Kōshi begins to slightly panic. We're you really that irritated because of him,  not even saying "I love you" back.
"I love you, please don't be mad at me. Angel?"-he pleads softly, taking your hand in his and kissing the back of it.
"Please?"-Kōshi mutters again, this time turning your head towards him with his palm cupping your cheek, as h traces the skin on your face with his thumb.
"Angel, please don't be mad. It's making me worried."-he pleads again, looking deeply in your eyes. You knew he meant it, and how could you stay mad, how could you when he was looking at you with the cutest pout and puppy eyes you've ever seen. Sighing again, you shoot him a small smile.
"It's okay Suga. Don't be worried."-you say, cupping his cheek with your palm, to which he immediately nuzzled in, a soft sigh leaving his lips, happy that you used a nickname instead of his first name this time.
Capturing his soft lips in yours, you kiss him softly, to which he hums into the kiss.
"I love you Suga, always will."-you mutter, pulling away from the kiss.
"I love you too Angel."-Kōshi says, letting out a breath he didn't know he was holding in.
"Thank God you said it back! I thought I was gonna  die."-he says, laughing slightly to which you laugh too.

"I love you Angel, I really do."-he says again, but he will repeat it as many times as you want or needed. You laugh lightly.
"I know, I love you too."

*ೃ༄