Strings; ft. 𝙎𝙪𝙣𝙖 𝙍.

post-time skip

╰───────────────

╰───────────────

To pull the strings

"When are you coming home Rin?"-you say to the phone that was placed on the counter next to you, as you were adding ingredients into the pot, finishing the dish you were preparing.
"I'll be home soon Baby. I just got in the car."-Rintarō huffs out as he gets in the car.
"Alright then, see ya soon. Drive safely. Love you."-you say.
"Love you too."- he says back.
After that shuffling is heard from his end.
"You gonna end the call or what?"- he says
into the phone, starting the car engine.
Your hands were dirty from all the flour, you couldn't touch your phone.
"Could you do it? I'm kinda not able to, well, touch my phone...my hands are dirty."-you say.
You hear him chuckle from the other end, already imagining him shaking his head slightly and a blush spreading across his cheeks.
"K. No probs. See ya soon."
"See ya!"
As he ends the call, you get back to the dish you were preparing. Soon you were done, setting up the table, you hear the front door open.
"I'm home!"-Rintarō's voice booms through the house, as he walks to the kitchen.
There he sees you all focused on perfecting the set up of the table. He smiles to himself, thinking about how you always thought about all the details. His smile soon disappeared, remembering what he's done. You notice him out of the corner of your eye, a smile spreads on your lips, as you march towards him with open arms for a usual hug you two shared.
"Welcome home Rin!"-you engulf him in a hug, placing your chin on his chest, looking up at him. His hands reach your sides, squeezing them, making you squirm out of his grasp.
"I'm sweaty. I'll go shower first, and I'll come down after alright Baby?"-he says, pecking your lips.
"K. But don't be too long, or the food will get cold!"-you shout lightly behind him as he goes upstairs to the bathroom.
He just couldn't bare seeing you do all this for him, when he's been unfaithful to you. Even if it was just once, and it was when he was drunk at one of the parties the Twins held last Friday, he couldn't help but feel so disgusted of himself , of his actions. He doesn't even know why he did it, why didn't say 'no' to himself. He felt so guilty. How could've he done something like that to you, a person they went trough so much for him.  Every one of your friends and family members always have told you that he was a bad guy, but you never listened. He wanted to prove them wrong, propose to you, have a family, your own future. But he did the exact opposite, he proved that they were right.
He huffs out, getting into the shower, cold water running across his skin. He needs to cool off.

┆You notice him coming down the stairs, and turn away from the sink to smile at him once more.
"You can go sit down, I'll be there in a sec."-you say, and he turns around completely forgetting that he wasn't wearing a shirt. You squint your eyes, not believing what you're seeing right now. No it couldn't be, right?
You try remembering the last time you were intimate, but you weren't due to a little barrier you had from last week. The red marks across his back were from someone else. Your eyes open wide, a gasp leaving your lips, as a plate drops from your hands. It shatters on the floor, the sound makes Rintarō whip his head around. He sees you standing there, your pupils dilating slightly, breathing becoming ragged, as you try holding onto the counter next to you.
Rintarō runs to you in panic.
"Hey, is everything alri-"-his hand that he was going to cup your cheek with was slapped to the side.
"Get the fu*k away from me!"-you exclaim right into his face.
"Hey, calm down a bi-"
"How fu*king could you do that to me?!"
"What did I d-"-he cuts himself off, finally remembering that you saw, you saw all his lies at once.
"Look, Love, I can expl-"
"No! You don't have a fu*king excuse for this! There's no excuse!"-your shouts echo through the apartment. He whimpers in his spot, as his eyes close shut at the loud noise, not being used to you being like this.
"Please, let me explain Love?"-he pleads, trying to put his palm on your shoulder, but you move away.
"No Rintarō! There's no excuse, no explanation!"
"Please, just let me ex-"
"I trusted you Rin. I really did, and you know it."
"You and I both know that I was a the only one on your side the whole time. I never wanted to listen to others because I love you."-you look at him with tears pooling at the corners of your eyes, your lower lip quivering. The words pierced though his soul, he knew it was true, that all of it was. The sight of you broken like this was too much for him already, his body becoming hot, his head pounding.
"Calm down, let's tal-"
"Shut the fu*k up Rintarō! I don't want any stupid exc-"-suddenly a sharp pain goes trough your abdomen, making your curl forward, and Rintarō panic even more. His hands flew to you in comfort.
"It hurts! It fu*king hurts! I can't breathe! My god!"-you cough out, tears falling from your eyes.
"What's happening?! Are you si-"
"No Rintarō! I'm fu*king pregnant with your child that's what!"-you exclaim loudly, his heart stops, the world around him blank, only your muffled shouts we're reaching his ears.
Him a father? He got you pregnant?
He was so happy but panicked at the same time , because he didn't know what was happening to you right now and because he didn't know if you'll want to have a child with him anymore.
"Are you for real?"-he asks, cupping your face in both of his hands, looking in your eyes.
Noticing how you're still out of breath, he brings you forward to his chest.
"Breathe, Love,  breathe. It's gonna be alright, yeah."-he mutters swaying you side to side.
Your breathing becomes even again, but hot tears fall out of your eyes like waterfalls, your sobs echoing trough the room, as your hands clench around him. He can't help but let his own tears fall, as he kisses you on the top of your head.
"Rintarō I-I-"
"P-please don't call me that. Please. I can't."
He breathes in sharply, his vision becoming blurry.
"P-please."
"Please tell me we're going to be okay? Please, I want to be the father of that child, please let me. I won't be able to live knowing that I was the reason that child won't have all the support. Please?"-he pleads, pulling you away from his embrace, but instead falling down on his knees, his lips kissing your belly, the tears from his eyes staining it . The sight makes you cry even more, as you look up, praying for a sign.
The silence kills him. But he doesn't want to rush you, it was your decision.
Should you go against the world once again, and believe in Rintarō? Should you give him a chance? Should you? Every inch of you was telling you to stay, giving you a feeling that it'll be okay.
Sucking up a breath you nod down at him, placing your hands in his hair, leaning on the counter.
"I'll give you one last chance Rin."-hearing that nickname fall from your lips, a sob escapes his mouth. Slightly smiling you look down, as he chants 'thank you's.
It was probably weird, but you couldn't help feeling slightly refreshed, like something good will happen. Isn't it strange?
Maybe everything will really be okay.

"We'll be okay..."
"We'll b-be okay, yeah..."

-for just one more dance

*∞:.