Chapter 4: Who's "Lord Voldemort"?

chapter 4: Who's "Lord Voldemort"?

I finished getting fitted for my robes. Severus paid for them. wWe went to the Malfoy's home, 'Malfoy Manor'. that is where we met a tall man with a long silver beard and moon shaped spectacles. Severus and Lucius called him 'Dumbledore'

A woman, who I assumed was Draco's mother, served us snacks while they talked. i do not believe she liked me at first, but then Lucius whispered something to her and she cried in the hallway.

After that she hugged me and welcomed me to her home.

Severus, Lucius, Draco's mother, and Dumbledore talked for hours while me and draco sat at the door trying to hear what they were saying, but I could only make out occasional yells by Lucius, he'd say stuff like "It has to be!" or "Dont you tell me what to do!" or even "Just look at them!.." I couldn't make out the rest.

Draco and I would exchange looks like we knew what they were talking about, but really we didn't have a clue.

"This is pointless." Draco said frustrated "wanna go play games in my room?" he asked

I nodded and followed him down three halls and up two flights of stairs until we reached a room full of every wizard game or toy ever.
"Woooow" I said in awe
"Yeah, I guess its okay" he replied cockily

"How did that 'Harry Potter' kid make it out of the killing curse?" I asked
"Nobody knows. Everyone has a theory, but know one really knows." he said
"Oh, why was the Dark Lord trying to kill him?"

"It was told that Harry was gonna be a very strong wizard and be the death of him."

I nodded still confused about how they could know if a baby was gonna kill the most powerful wizard.

"When Lord Voldemort attempted to murder Harry he failed and no one really knows what happened to him but he disappeared." he held that last word out for a while

"anyway, let's play Chess"
"I'm great at chess" i said proudly
Draco chuckled "This is Wizard Chess, its harder than boring ordinary chess."