Chapter 8: I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here

I looked down at Severus' arm, the tattoo still poking out.

I took a deep breath and asked,
"What are those tattoos you, Severus, and Bellatrix have?"

It was quiet for two minutes then Lucius, or my dad, stood up.

He stood there dumbfounded, then he spoke,
"Maddison, this is a dark mark," he pulled up his sleeve revealing the full tattoo. It was not your average tattoo, it was a skull with a snake wrapped around the inside and out. "When the Dark Lord was riding to full power, he made us, his death eaters, get branded with this. He burned this symbol into our left forearm so that he would know when he needed us. It would start to burn. But it doesn't matter anymore, because the Dark Lord is gone." He finished.

I stared blankly, what kind of person would brand somebody just so they know when to come to him?

"W-what is a Death Eater?" I asked slightly scared of whats to come just from the name.

This time Bellatrix jumped up. Way too excited about this topic.

"Oh child haven't you ever heard of all the deaths of all those disgusting muggle when you were young! We are death eaters! We do whatever the Dark Lord tells us to, if he wants us to kill a city of muggles we kill them! If he needs information we torture as many people as me need to to get it! And when the Dark Lord rises again we will be there to greet him." She said the last part cold.

"I thought they said the Dark Lord was gone? Why is she saying he rise?" I asked

"He will not rise, child, the lady has been crazy every since his death." Severus said

I didn't say anything anymore.
It was pretty clear to me that my family was crazy and evil, but if they are like this doesnt that mean I will have to be?

I looked at Draco, I guess he didn't know this much about his family because his face was in shock.

He looked like someone had just killed his favorite owl or beat him at wizard chess.

I motion for us to leave.
He just shook his head.
I'm guess we can't leave till given permission.

I looked at my mother, and asked,
"May i leave? I'm feeling tired and we do have to leave early dont we?" I tried to use my most innocent voice.

She just stared at me blankly, I wonder if there's something wrong with her, she does that a lot.

"No, child, you must stay down till after supper." I was kind of disappointed then i realized I was very hungry.
I nodded.

"Dobby, bring us our dinner." She said.

A small creature with huge ears and
only a pillow case as clothing came in shaking.

"Right away master Narcissa." It said.

The creature snapped its fingers and food arrived infront of us all.
Then it bowed and snapped its fingers again, with a loud POP it was gone.

"What was that thing?" I asked slightly in awe and slightly scared.

"That was out house elf, dobby. He does all the chores and stuff like that. Just don't give him anything, especially clothing because then he'll be freed." Draco said

I smiled. I think im gonna like it here.

After dinner, Draco led me up the many beautiful, spiral stair cases into a room on the too floor.

He opened the door which led to a huge amazing dark purple room.
The bed was in the middle of the room it had a dark purple duvet and so many gorgeous fluffy pillow.
There was a door to the left that led out to a balcony facing the gardens.
It was amazing.

"This is your room." Draco said

"M-my room?" I asked. I've never had an actual real room. This was amazing.
I slung my arms around him and pulled him into the biggest hug ever.

"Get some sleep guys," Narcissa yelled from down stairs,"Hogwarts tomorrow!"

"Night, drake." I said happily as I shut my door and began to get ready for bed.