Chapter 3

The walk was solemn. Itachi insisted that he should walk me home which approved immediately by Fugaku. It surprised me that he'll let his heir to accompany me, their benefactor. But yeah, they have this gentleman thing running through their blood, I understand. 

The dinner was good, we had conversation about our views in fighting. Fugaku and Mikoto often asked about my living and I told them that I was an orphan who eventually adopted by the Sarutobi clan but I didn't agreed to get their names as I felt that it wasn't actually needed and since I have no Sarutobi blood running through my veins, they agreed. I just need their support and in exchange I'll give them extraordinary which was already proven when I was a Chunnin. 

Itachi on the other hand was quiet during the dinner, it's as if he's digesting the information I'm giving and probably God knows where and when he'll use it. Well, Sasuke didn't actually mind the serious conversation we had since he's busy munching his tomato he got from Mikoto. He's  still a kid and I'm thankful that he hasn't yet open with that kind of matter. 

"Pardon, but I am really curious. What did you and father talked about?" Seriousness lingered on his voice. His eyes were shouting curiosity so I gave him a smile. He just couldn't hide his curiosity but his wariness since he is aware of the ordeal that his clan is facing. And since his clan wasn't that open to non-Uchiha anymore, he's probably surprised to see me there, having a normal conversation with his parents, without their Sharingan swirling and glaring on me. 

I released a chuckle, "You just can't hide your inquisitiveness, aren't you? Itachi-san." I told him and he flushed, averting my gaze because he felt embarrassed. "No need to feel ashamed, I can understand your curiosity. However, the business I had with your parents, no - your father, is something that should remain in private." I looked apologetically as I uttered that. I saw a glimpse of disappointment in his eyes and I couldn't do anything to ease it out. 

"The matter must be really important, Aki-san." He said, finally looking on our path. 

"Indeed, it is. You must be so disappointed, I know why you insisted to walk me home, I'm sorry." I stated but he looked at me shocked. 

"No, it wasn't like that. I insisted to walk you home just to make sure you will arrive home safe." He shook his head, backing up his claims that he really want to make sure I'll arrive home safe. "Besides, I just asked because... well, my father is kind of strict to non-Uchihas." He admitted. 

It is indeed fact though. Fugaku and the other Uchiha Elders are truly became strict to non-Uchiha as they've probably felt inequality in the distribution of power and respect. But that doesn't merit them to actually plan a coup. It is a work of treason - might I note. 

"I am aware." I unconsciously spoken. It took me off guard to realized that he heard that. He's now quiet, probably thinking of the possibilities that I knew. "It doesn't go unchecked knowing that it's been awhile." I added, avoiding his suspicions.

He hummed, "Then you know? You have met my father." He stated with a deadly calm voice. I silenced myself for a while. Picking the best words to avoid his surveillance.    

"The business that I had with him doesn't concern with the issue that is now happening within your clan." I lied, I'm sorry. "It is simply a conversation regarding a serious matter. I assure you, Itachi-san."