Chapter 6

A dead silence echoed inside the room. The cries that I have been refraining to be heard finally released and is now breaking the silence. The two adult veterans seems so shock that no single noise, reactions nor words can be heard from them. They were shocked to hear the truth from her, they don't know what to say. They didn't even know how to comfort her.

"I am doing this for Itachi." I told them painfully. "You... You two were also the reason why he suffered, that's why I'm begging you to let me save him." I tried so hard wiping my tears away but it isn't working. Why am I crying like this when I thought I have no tears left?

"Aki..." Lord Third called. "Then how about you?" Tears run down from his eyes when he asked that.

"Mine is insignificant" I told them darkly.

"Aki!" Fugaku shouted, just like Hiruzen, his eyes are watered. "Think. This burden will destroy you."

"I am already destroyed the moment Itachi died!" I shouted, making them stopped talking. "He was my light... my future... my heart. I lived in nothingness after his death! I... Living without him... I can't. This is why, please... choose me to do the hardship, bestow me everything... just not him." I pleaded, carefully leaning down my upper body to bow and plead them.

"Itachi would feel burden if he knew this-" I cut Fugaku off.

"This is why this conversation will remain in secret forever. I have casted a spell in both of your souls that you two will never leak any single thing about this." I said, regaining my composure.

"Did you two get married?" Fugaku asked after breaking the short silence earlier.

"No, he joined an organization as a spy again for the village. We're still contact even after everything but... we didn't get a chance to be happy. It is hell, the life I've live is darkness, cruelty... and pain."

"Aki, are you sure about this?" Lord Third - no, my father asked me. Worries evident on his eyes. He's worried about my well-being being crushed but I can't do anything about it anymore. "You love him so much and the future... must have pained you a lot."

I burst in tears silently, "Ever since he died, I prayed almost everyday to see him again and now that I'm back, I have no hesitation." I answered. "He's a pacifist, I'm telling you. He loved the village... more than me and I understand that but I can't claim that I also love the village more than him, because he's my life." I whispered.

"But Aki..." Lord Fugaku caught my attention, locking his eyes saddened eyes on me. "Are you going to tell him... you love him?"

I gave them a smile, "I'll leave that for now. Our love pained us before and... and If I sensed that my love pains him again. I will be glad to let him go."

( - _ - )

I growled. It's been 3 days since the conversation I had with the two and now I am running away from a certain Nara. Specifically, Nara Shikaku - the Goddamn Jonin commander. He's been trying, all day and night to catch me for interrogation - no, sorry let me reword. For a Shogi match.

"Shikaku-sama, I understand the curiosity in your blood but this is too much. Let me catch some sleep first, and-" He cut me off.