Chapter 8

"Sleep more, it's still too early for you to be awake." 

It was the first thing I heard after forcing myself to stand up. I have wasted enough time by just lying down. The barrier that I casted last time surely dispelled as I became unconscious of everything after taking the poisoned sword that was about to slice Itachi's neck. It is not that I enjoy getting hurt, it's just like that. 

Sometimes, I hate myself more than I ever did when I believed that I could protect him from anything. I became too overconfident when I know, I am aware that I could still get hurt. The mystery of my death and sudden come back from the land of living still remains covered and that will never uncover if I die here. I hate myself for all the ironies that keeps haunting me and letting myself be haunted. 

But I know that this rage would be dispelled by that same nothingness. 

"You should too." I said softly, "I'll take over."

A silenced followed, but even after a long time, Itachi remained in silence. He just stared deep at nowhere but I know, he listened to the words I've spoken. 

Despite his bristled disposition, Itachi was a sensitive person. I knew he privately agreed and wanted to voice that aloud but he has a pride. I have wronged him earlier by ordering his co-leader to knock him up so he could regain his composure and calm. 

It is true that I did that to him but it is different when you have a pride like Itachi. I could not help but feel rather off this night. Lost in thought. Yet, when it was in this kind of moment. Like now. I seem to have a better stature. I could only hear of chirping birds, breezing winds and the sway of the leaves as it get swayed by the brazen wind. It was rather shooting but I know, as long as I'm with him... it is troublesome. 

"Aki." Itachi called after the long silence. I thought he wouldn't talk to me again so I was surprised when he called me. I hummed as a response but didn't take off my eyes above. I was gazing the red blood moon above me, letting myself be enchanted as I became warry of the tone Itachi used. 

When I felt him not speaking, I glanced him. I was surprised to meet his onyx orbs locking on mine. He was looking at me with the same eyes I've used when I first met his gaze after coming back to life. I became wary as I am afraid of what was running through his head. 

"You have done enough for me." Bit by bit, tears started to run down his cheeks. He took a step back when my body moved towards him on its own. I became worried and bewildered. I want to wipe his tears because I can't stand seeing him cry anymore. Feeling the restrains that he placed on himself to just stop himself from crying out loud made my heart shatter. 

"What are you talking about?" I whispered. I felt no voice coming out after that when I saw his painful eyes daring on my orbs. My heart clenched and I can't help but to squeeze my chest in hopes of easing the pain that my heart is feeling. 

"I love you... Aki." He said in whisper. Wind started to get rough but eventually it became soothing. My eyes were wide as I comprehend the words he just uttered. "But you have done enough, Aki." 

I exhaled. "I don't understand what you're saying, Itachi." I resisted. I put aside the possibilities that Itachi must have regained his memories just like mine. The fact that his tears continued to flood on his eyes made me feel light headed. As if my only worries was to wipe his tears and make him stable. "Stop crying." I pleaded.