Talking to the Moon

Join my Discord server - https://discord.gg/fB4uMXhWF8

"How about, I issue a quest, and join the quest myself to get your bolt back?" Perseus said, shocking everyone.

"A God cannot join quests brother, You know that." Zeus tilted his brother.

"Any other God yes, but I'm not bounded by the Ancient laws, you know that brother. I'm the Lord of Fates, they cannot bind me by any laws." Perseus informed everyone of his leeway of the Ancient laws. They all nodded at him.

"If that is all I believe, that some of you have work to attend to." Perseus questioned his brother, the King of God.

"Meeting dismissed," Zeus announced, and flashed away.

Only Artemis and Perseus remained in the throne room.

Artemis took a deep breath and asked, "May I speak with you in Private Lord Perseus."

Artemis Pov

Perseus was silent for some time, thinking his answer over. He took a deep breath, "Alright, follow me." He said, motioning to the doors of the throne room.

He started moving towards them, without waiting for me to follow him. I steeled my nerves and followed him. He didn't say anything; minor Gods/Goddesses conversed with him. Perseus smiled and chatted back.

I realized that he looked a lot different than before. He looked younger, more powerful, more... happy. I still remember the sigh of relief he had taken, when our marriage ended. Like he could finally breathe again, was I really that awful to him? Seeing him now, laughing and teasing the residents of Olympus, being happy, I realized how unfair I was to him.

We walked towards Hera' garden and I stopped. Perseus turned to look at me, confused, raising an eyebrow. "It's Hera's garden, not even Zeus himself is allowed inside without her permission." I whispered to him so Hera doesn't hear. I wasn't afraid of her, I just didn't want to hear her yapping at me.

Perseus rolled his eyes at me, "I think my little sister would be fine with you being in her garden with me." I nodded at him as we went in.

Hera's garden was the most beautiful thing on Olympus. Flowers of every kind were planted all across, peacocks roaming everywhere. At once the birds all ran towards Perseus, and despite him being the God of Wolves, all the animals loved him.

"I see you've not lost your touch, still kind, and as handsome as ever Lord Perseus." A beautiful nymph walked up to us. Anger rushed through me at seeing her flirt with Perseus, even if we weren't married. She should know better than to flirt with a man in front of his ex-wife.

"You know you should not flirt so openly with me, I am currently single. I might just steal you away from my dear sister." Perseus flirted back, and my feelings dropped to a new low. When we were married, countless women tried to court him, to have him in their bed. He refused all of them, and stayed loyal to me. Even when I wasn't fair to him.

"And I would refute to that because?" The nymph said, winking at him, both of them flirting back and forth like I wasn't even here.

Perseus turned to me, "Melanie is the only nymph that lives in Hera's garden. She doesn't trust her husband with any of them. She has banned Zeus from being anywhere near Melanie. Thankfully, she didn't put the same ban on me, or I would be heartbroken, if I couldn't see her." Perseus said, and the nymph Melanie blushed a deep shade of green. She soon turned and went away.

"Since when do you flirt with women?" I couldn't help but ask him. Perseus' expression changed from happy to serious in a second.

"Ever since I was freed from a loveless marriage." He shot back, and I flinched at his direct accusation.