I'm Toasted

Join my Discord Server - https://discord.gg/fB4uMXhWF8

"I had met her 6 years ago, she was just starting a business of her own. I asked for work to her, and she soon realized I was a God. I told her that I was away from my family and she started caring after me as a mother despite being way younger than me. She said that Perseus was a mouthful and asked if I had a nickname. Aphrodite used to call me Percy so she started to use that name too, and I decided to use her maiden name as my own. Thus Percy Jackson was born." I told her and she nodded in understanding.

"Why are we waiting for a bus? You could just flash us to wherever we need to go." She asked in confusion.

"No we cannot, some rules even I cannot break. A quest is meant to be hard, and we can't take shortcuts." Both of them nodded at my explanation.

All three of us were silent for some time. The quest had started and I would have to encounter Kronos soon.

Just the thought of my father had my entire essence burning with anger, and something that I had not felt for a long time.

Fear

Third Person Pov

"I will disguise my aura to that of a demigod, so we don't get spotted." Perseus whispered to his companions as they took a seat at the back of the bus. Annabeth and Grover nodded at him.

"Percy last night Malcolm informed us that you are married to Artemis. Is that true?" Annabeth asked, curiosity getting the better of her. Perseus smiled, hearing her use his nickname; he had also forgotten about the ADHD of demigods. They couldn't sit still and in silence.

"I was married to Artemis, and forced at that too; about two millennia ago I asked Hera for a divorce, and left the world of Gods." Perseus said to her in a strained voice. The hurt was still there even after millennia apart.

"If I heard correctly you are the most powerful of the Gods. How can someone force you into a marriage?" Annabeth tilted her head in confusion. She couldn't comprehend how someone could force a powerful being such as Perseus into marriage.

"It had been done before to Aphrodite too. There is a Goddess whose power is only second to me. Can you tell who it was?" Perseus teased, trying to get the daughter of Athena to think. He was a millennia old God, always ready to teach others something.

"Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love. She was forced into marriage with Hephaestus." Annabeth answered with her chin high. Seriously, did Perseus think she wouldn't know something this known to everyone? Though she didn't know how the Goddess was forced. Grover got

"Correct, when Aphrodite walked out of the sea, she was naked. Men all around both mortal and godly drooled at the sight of her, and the women hated her. Zeus feared that her looks would drive war among men, so he decided to have her married by force. Hera devised a plan to reconcile with her son, so she made the most unappealing God marry the most beautiful woman in creation. Aphrodite was revolted by Hephaestus' looks, but knew she had to accept Zeus' decision." Perseus said in a harsh tone. He never liked forcing someone to do something.

"You weren't lusting after her?" Annabeth asked baffled, she had not heard of someone who could resist the Goddess of Love.

Perseus laughed at her question, "I have been alive for more than 7500 years, and am still a virgin. I am the God of Loyalty. If I was to lust after women, I would've done it a long ago."

Annabeth smiled, she liked a man who could resist temptation. Perseus was the first God she had heard of who wasn't ruled by his desire.

"So how were you forced into marriage?" Annabeth grilled him further. So far, Perseus has managed to evade any personal answers. She noticed that his face had morphed into serious.