Truth & Decisions

https://discord.gg/cdcyXeCQZg Join my discord channel. 

Thanks to Cloaked_Shadowed for helping me out with this chapter.

The hunters got into the bus reluctantly, all of them complaining about how they would have to suffer the company of Apollo, along with the hyperactive half-blood boy. Yet, the usual hostile environment that would've been normally seen, wasn't there. They were still mourning, feeling the loss of one of their comrades, along with a defenseless maiden.

The hunters that knew Perseus personally were taking it harder than the others. It had been millennia since Perseus had gone missing, even longer that he had created the hunt, handpicking the first members himself. Their loyalty and faith in him hadn't waivered in all the years that he had gone missing.

For millennia they had all suffered in the guilt of hiding the truth about Orion and their mistress' relationship with him. Caught in the thought of not betraying their mistress' trust, they ended up betraying him. It was due to their own fault that Perseus ended up finding the truth in such a harsh way. His reaction was understandable, he wasn't the kind of man to show his anger or grief to anyone.

So, he did what he always did, suffered alone. This time, not even giving anyone a chance to be there for him, as he vanished from the ends of earth.

While the older hunters were lost in their own thoughts, the younger ones were confused and worried. For all their time in the hunt, it was always their assumption that it was Artemis who created the hunt. Now, to hear that it was someone else, a man no less, had them doubting everything they knew about hunt.

"Zoë," one of the girls called out to their lieutenant, "Is it true that it was that Perseus god who created the hunt?" While it was an innocent and understandable question, a huge crack of lightning followed her statement. A warning from the King of skies to name his brother with more respect.

Zoë looked up to the sky, then towards the hunters who were waiting for her answer and nodded slowly. "The hunt as we know wasn't created for the purpose of slaying monsters or defending Olympus against enemies. The Gods were more than enough to protect it and the half-bloods were powerful enough to decimate any stronger monsters that would cause problems."

She looked out the window, lost in her own melancholy of the time she had joined the hunt. Whilst she wasn't the first, second or third to join the rank of hunters, she was the oldest member now. So many of her sisters had died in her time in the hunt, some who came before her, and many who after. She had understood the burden of immortality long ago, watching those younger than her die and perish in battles.

However, now looking at the faces of her sisters, she felt the burden to be a little heavier. She realized that her, Atlanta, Phoebe, Maia and Helen were all that remained from the time the hunt was created. They were the last to know the truth and the ones who carried the knowledge of their existence with them.

"Then what was the hunt created for?" Another hunter asked.

Zoë smiled at her sister and answered, "It was meant to be a gift. Artemis was always the odd one amongst the gods, while the others rejoiced in praises and worships sitting on their throne, Artemis enjoyed being on the ground more so than the others. She and Perseus were wedded because at that time, even an unmarried Olympian wasn't safe from the lecherous nature of men."

A look of pure disgust appeared on all the hunters' face.

"Someone had captured Artemis hoping to claim her maidenhood, but couldn't due to Perseus, Zeus and Apollo intervening at the same time. It was later declared that Perseus and Artemis were to marry, as Artemis didn't want to give her maidenhood away to anyone, even her husband. Perseus was the only one who would respect her decision."