Beating a Bastard

Join my Discord server - https://discord.gg/fB4uMXhWF8

Perseus woke up to find himself bound in celestial bronze chain. He tried to move out of it when he found he couldn't. He frowned thinking that he was able to break out of celestial bronze before, but what happened now.

"Your efforts are futile, that is an alloy made of 4 distinct metals. Celestial bronze, Imperial gold, Stygian Iron, and mortal steel. My Lord informed me that you were not like any other God or Titan, that you were almost in par with Primordials in terms of strength and power. So he told me a little secret recipe for an alloy, something that could even bind a Primordial." Someone taunted him. Laughing at seeing Perseus helpless.

Perseus raised his head and looked at a figure with his sword resting at Annabeth's neck. Perseus recognized the figure immediately; it was one of the Gods he despised most.

"Heracles..." He growled at the God of Strength and Heroes.

Third Person Pov

Perseus thrashed against his chains, hoping he could save Annabeth's life from the hands of Heracles. He knew that the Olympians couldn't intervene and help him, not until Heracles attacked him first. That's why the bastard had captured him in his sleep, so that the other gods would be bound by the ancient laws. Annabeth and Grover had to save themselves without his help. 'Wait a minute!' He thought 'Where is Grover?'

Perseus couldn't see the satyr anywhere near. Either Heracles had already dealt with the satyr, and he was a plant right now; or he was hiding somewhere. Perseus hoped it was the latter point. Perseus could feel the chains losing its strength; soon he would be able to break it off, though not soon enough to save Annabeth.

Annabeth felt the voice of Heracles more torturous, then his sword pushed against her throat. He kept boasting about his victory over Perseus, and how their master would award him. She could see Grover hiding at the side, behind a bush. Grover pulled his reed pipes out, and took a breath. He played a soft tune, and the plants around them started swaying. She could see vines reaching them from the ground, slithering like snakes on their way. Heracles was too proud of his victory to see them. The vines reached them and wrapped themselves around Heracles feet and pulled, causing the minor god to fall on his face. Giving Annabeth a chance to run away from him.

Annabeth reached Perseus and looked around, hoping to find any weak points in the chains, but she found none.

"No time, you would have to fend him off." Perseus said to her.

"WHAT," Annabeth screamed, she had trained for years in camp, but she never thought she would have to fight a god.

"You would have to, you are a demigod, a half god. Your mother's Ichor runs through your veins. Your mother Athena is the goddess of war, many Gods and Titans have bowed before her skills. You have those skills too, just believe in yourself." Perseus' speech gave Annabeth the morale boost she needed. She could feel something awaken inside her. Her hands went to pull her knife out, but Perseus stopped her.

"Don't. You can't defeat him with a dagger, there is a pen inside my pocket. Take it out." Perseus stretched himself awkwardly, so his jean pocket was accessible.

"You want me to put my hands inside your pant? What if somebody saw me?" Annabeth whispered, shouting at him. Her cheeks were flushed with a dark color of red.

Perseus groaned, he had forgotten how women tended to make things harder than it actually were. "Dammit, who is going to see you? The god currently trying to kill you? Just take it out." He too, shouted at her.