Thalia's decision

https://discord.gg/vJtaaaygvq Join my discord channel. 

Hello folks, X21 here, been busy this last 10 days due to a festival (Navratri, all my Indian folks would know) So, I wasn't able to write much. But I have gotten some of my writing speed back, and you would surely see another update by me on next Sunday. 

Until then, enjoy this chapter. Share your comments and vote, as they make me happy. (I don't get paid fuckers, at least let me get some happiness from writing.)

Third Person Pov

"How..." Annabeth asked as tears started falling from her eyes, hands flying up to cover her gaping mouth. She couldn't believe what was happening. Thalia was in front of her, alive.

The joy of seeing her old friend subsided by the fraud of her heart. Her rational brain running and calculating through every possibility. Was this another trickery of the fates? Morpheus knew she had dreamt of reuniting with her old friend hundreds of times.

However, the Lord of fate himself was sitting right in front of her talking with Thalia.

It was like an accolade had been granted to Annabeth, for what? She didn't know, nor wanted to know. Thousands of emotions passed through her mind as she watched Thalia examine her surroundings. Still wearing the same black Gothic clothes as the day she had died, Thalia looked a little older.

Had she been alive for all this time inside the tree? Stuck inside a piece of wood as the world around her moved on and continued? Like one of Zeus' bolts, those questions charred Annabeth's heart for her sister's situation. Sister! Thalia was more of her family than anyone she had known before Perseus. She cared for her, more so than Luke ever did. She was the sister Annabeth always wanted.

As the morning dawned and Apollo started rising over the horizon, gaiety rose on Annabeth's inside, too. Her feet moving on their own as a swift melody of glee and happiness sung inside her chest.

Perseus turned to look at her and smiled; that alone was enough to warm her heart, but the sight of recognition settling on Thalia's eyes was the icing on the cake.

"Annie?" Thalia whispered, her voice hoarse, croaking like a dusty pipeline as she spoke for the first time. Yet, her expression relayed everything she wanted to. The last time Thalia had seen Annabeth, she was just 7, running around and throwing orders. Now, though, in front of her stood a grown, tall and seemingly more powerful 15-year-old. Nevertheless, she could recognize the little girl she had raised for a while.

Annabeth had tried to hide away her emotions for years; it was what people expected from her. Everyone always expected the children of Athena to be emotionless and purely strategic; they couldn't' have been farther from the truth. They might have been born from the most strategic and dispassionate goddess, but they were also half-mortal. They had emotions, they just didn't know how to deal with it.

Even in her perfectly well composed heart, Annabeth felt overwhelmed, and almost fell on her knee; however, before her knee could even touch the ground, Perseus was in front of her. Carrying her in the most assiduous way possible, he took her closer to Thalia.

As soon as they were in proximity to each other, Annabeth leapt at Thalia and tackled her to the ground. Her sobs came muffled as she cried against her sister's chest.

Thalia laughed, even as she herself couldn't stop her own volley of tears. The thundering and lightening had stopped up in the sky, but the rumbling of wild and miserable thoughts still kept thundering inside her. For now, she wrapped her arms around Annabeth and tried to soothe her, "Easy there kiddo, you're ruining my favorite shirt."