Uncovering Secrets

Gangs, I don't know if you've noticed or not, but I have made Annabeth 15, almost 16 in this fic. I don't want to ship a 12 year old with a millennia-old God. Perseus and Annabeth will grow in their relationship as the years go.

Those of you who don't want Annabeth to be paired with Perseus, I'm sorry, but the pairings are fixed. I am a huge Percabeth shipper and feel weird writing about Annabeth with someone else.

Join my Discord server - https://discord.gg/fB4uMXhWF8

"That was fun," Perseus said, looking over them. Annabeth gaped at him; his body still hadn't healed fully, and this was fun for him? She thought it was one of those idiotic boy things girls wouldn't understand. She ran at him and hugged him, blushing red at being in close contact with the God, but still kept hugging him.

Grover who had finally seen enough collapsed. Can't blame the satyr for getting lightheaded after all that.

Perseus wrapped his hands around Annabeth as he looked over the carnage that was caused.

'I do not like what this means for the future.' He thought to himself.

Third Person Pov

The three of them then traveled to the woods to spend the night. It had been a tiring day. Perseus was still recovering from his injuries. Grover, the poor satyr was still scared that something was going to come out of the woods and attack them.

Annabeth was still reeling in the fact that Giants had risen, and if she understood correctly, which she did. The Titan King Kronos was rising too. With him he would bring many enemies and Titans. Giants and Titans, of all wars, this would be the most gruesome war in history. She cursed her Athenian brain for always thinking, sometimes very morbid thoughts. Thankfully Grover started talking as they all settled down.

"Lord Perseus, you were there when my Lord Pan wasn't lost. What was he like?" Grover asked, looking around the woods. Plastics, beer bottles and many other things polluted the forest. The humans made him very angry at times; it was their fault that Pan had gone into hiding. They had been pillaging Pan's kingdom for centuries, to the point that the great god had to go in hiding.

Annabeth also zoned in on their conversation, of all the years she had been friends with Grover. He regularly talked about Pan and how he would be the one to find him.

Perseus turned to the satyr, "He was kind, and energetic. You remind me of him."

Grover smiled slightly, then frowned. How could the god be anything like him, a coward scrawny satyr?

Perseus saw his predicament and addressed him, "Don't think so little of yourself Satyr. Just because you get scared doesn't mean you are a coward. Brave warriors feel fear too, the ones who say they don't are just fools. Fear is the basic of emotions, it drives people to do great and terrible things. It's how you overcome that fear is important. I have a feeling that when push comes to shove you will be able to beat your fear."

Grover nodded happily that he thought so much of him. Annabeth smiled too, Perseus had the wisdom in him that comes after being millennia old.

"Pan was like a young child sometimes and a grandfather at times. He would stay out of fighting, but when it comes to the protection of his domains, he would strangle even a Titan with his vines. He always ran around with Dionysus, drinking and partying. He got scared too, he was scared of flying. One day Hermes, his father gave him his chariot to ride. Pan crashed the chariot in a barren land in some village. The villagers thought that the Gods were angry at them and were punishing them. They started praying and sacrificing crops and food for forgiveness. Later I blessed the villagers to thrive." Perseus smiled, remembering the God of Wild.