Chapter 13

CHAPTER TWELVE

West's POV:

It was the day that I was finally being admitted out of the hospital. I was so happy. I could of jumped for joy, but I wasn't too fond of making myself look like an idiot in public. Lets just settle with happy, shall we? I was stuck in this hospital for the past 2 weeks, and lets just say after the 5th day of consciousness, I wanted someone to bring me to unconsciousness. The two week stay was hella boring. For a lacrosse player to be bound to a hospital bed, it might as well have been torture.

"Almost ready honey?" My mom asked.

"Yeah almost." I said, packing the remainder of my things into a backpack.

Time to get out of this ugly ass hospital gown, I said to myself.

As if my mother read my mind, "I've left a fresh set of clothes for you right here on this table." She said pointing to the side table by the hospital bed. "And your shoes are by the door."

"Alright cool. Thanks"

"I just need to get something from the nurse's lounge and then I'll be back okay? Take your time." She said walking out the door.

I casually grabbed my clothes, removing the hospital gown. I slipped into my jeans first. As I was buttoning them up, the door suddenly opened.

I looked up, just as a nurse realized that she had walked in on me changing.

It was a different nurse. Young. A redhead.

She blushed immediately, her eyes evidently fixated on my chest.

"Uhm, uh .. I, uhm .. I'm.. sorry." She stuttered.

"It's okay" I said casually.

"S.. S... Sorry about that." She muttered quickly as she whipped around closing the door behind her.

I reached for my black tee pulling it over me, as I did just the same with my red hoodie.

There was a little mirror by the window, where I ran my hands through my hair.

I slipped into my shoes, and sat on the hospital bed. I thought I'd pull out my phone as I waited for my mom to return.

* 2 NEW MESSAGES *

I opened the first message.

DREW: Hey man, can't wait to have you back on campus. They're letting you out today right?

I replied with a quick, "Yup, see you soon." and opened the next message.

PARKER: Need me to pick you up at the hospital?

'Nah I'm cool bro, my moms here.'

I sent the message just as my mom came in.

"Okay so are we all good?" She asked me.

"Yup, lets get out of here. I don't know how you manage to work at a hospital mom. It was so boring."

She chuckled. "I'm a nurse sweetie. That my job. Plus it's not that boring!"

"Sure it isn't..." I said getting up and walking around the bed for my phone charger.

Mom held the door, as she waited for me to put my charger away.

As I was placing it into my bag, I noticed something by the side table on the floor.

I bent down and picked it up; feeling the material. It was a red scarf. Silky and kind of long.

"Mom. You forgot your scarf." I said turning towards her.

"Its beautiful, but its not mine. It's probably one of the nurses. Why don't you return it to the nurses desk while I pull the car up front?" She said.

"Alright."

I left my patient room heading towards the nurses desk as my mother headed for the exit.

There were a few nurses in the area, but I had managed to find the nurse who was with me during the duration of my stay.

"Excuse me." I called, trying to catch the attention of that nurse.

A nurse in her mid 30's approached me instead.

"Well hello there handsome... " she said smirking. She looked at me like she wanted to jump on me right then and there.

"Uh hi .." I said, trying to avert my gaze.

"How can I help you?" She said reaching over the desk a little too much.

Thank the heavens, cause my nurse made it to me right then.

"I'll take it from here Judy." She said.

Nurse 'Judy' gave me one last wink and headed back to chat with the other nurses.

"Yes Westley?" She said.

"You left your scarf on the floor. Just wanted to return it to you." I said showing her the scarf.

"My scarf? I don't have a scarf? Oh! This! No, no, this is your scarf." She said to me.

"My scarf? How can it be my scarf? I asked my mom. It's not hers either." I said with a questionable look.

"This scarf was wrapped around your leg. This little thing helped stop the bleeding in your leg for a good chunk of time. It was already on you before you came into the hospital."

"It was already on me?" I questioned, a little surprised.

"Yes. Doctors removed it when you came into the ER of course. They gave it to me afterwards and I just put it on the side table in your room. It must have slipped onto the floor." she said.

"Do you have any clue to whom this belongs to?" I asked her.

"I haven't got the slightest clue." She said shrugging her shoulders. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get going.

She turned around, grabbed an IV, and headed towards another patient room.

I looked at the red scarf in my hand. Who put it on my leg? The doctor said my memory wasn't affected, but I couldn't remember anyone else being with me at the time. Especially not anyone who owned a red scarf.

I stuffed it into my jean pocket and headed out towards the exit.

"Where were you?" My mom asked as I got into the car.

"Sorry, I got a little held up." I said quickly.

I decided not to tell her about keeping the scarf. It would just involve more questions and answers. The answers ... I didn't even know myself.

---

Yay two chapters uploaded today. Considering that the previous chapter was extra long, I don't think its that bad that this chapter is a little short . Keep up with the votes and comments :) Thanks a lot!