Chapter 3

Dedications to OlivialovesMoko for being the first to comment and vote :D

Picture of Sydney Miller on the side -->

~~~

CHAPTER THREE

After Literature and French class, I headed towards my locker, eager to shove my bag inside and head off to eat. My stomach was growling like a cat and thankfully our classes were shortened for the first day of school. I pulled the school map out in search of the cafeteria and found it in a different block. I closed my locker and headed towards the nearest exit. On my way to the cafeteria I heard a familiar voice.

“Hey! Skyler!”

I noticed Sia running up to me with a grin on her face.

“Hey, I was just going to grab something to eat”, I said.

“Me too! I heard the cafeteria has some pretty good pizza today – believe it or not”, she chuckled.

“Really? I LOVE pizza!” I replied.

With the state that my stomach was in, I wouldn’t be surprised if I started drooling right then and there thinking about warm tomato sauce and gooey cheese. I thanked God for whoever invented such a creation.

As soon as Sia opened the door to the cafeteria, I think I was deafened for about 5 seconds. The café was filled with students who looked just as hungry as me, judging by the line that was exceedingly long. There were about 20 tables inside and all were occupied.

After standing in line for about 20 minutes, in my tray stood a delicious looking slice of pizza, fries and a milkshake. No I was not one of those calorie counting, celery munching kind of girls.

With one hand held on to her tray and the other hooked on to my arm, Sia lead me around tables until we pushed open the back doors of the café and found a bench to sit on under a shady tree.

“You sure know your way around here”, I questioned.

“Being the niece of one of the heads of the school helps” she smirked.

“What?! You didn’t tell me your aunt worked here!” I gaped.

“Oh I didn’t?” she said with an innocent stare. “Anyways, how was your first morning here?”

“It was actually pretty great.” I smiled. “Everyone has been really friendly, you included of course, and the teachers seem pretty good. How about you?” I asked.

“The usual. No one really WANTS to be back to school ya know? Mr. Romano seems bearable but my other teachers, OH MY GOD, Skyler, I hope I’m alive at the end of the semester. I mean I like school, but I don’t. You know what I mean? We are in school for 10 months of the whole entire year so why can’t we have a summer that is 10 months long?! Oh! Oh my god! There was a really cute guy in my com-tech class. There was another guy I saw in the hallway too! Oh! You know the guy who sits beside me in lit class? What do you think of him?! She rambled.

“Well isn’t someone boy crazy” I laughed.

“Who? Me?” she said with another innocent glance. “Well psh, I can’t help myself when this university just HAPPENS to have really good looking guys in it. Especially guys who aren’t the typical Italian pervs I’m used to.

I laughed again. Just then, the back doors opened and out came a group of girls. They walked with heads held high and high heels clicking in unison. They all were all covered head to toe in expensive clothing and each one had some type of designer handbag slung over their shoulder. But the one leading the pack, stood out the most. She seemed familiar, and then it clicked. She was the girl I had bumped into at the house.

“Okay, I get that you’re rich, but you don’t have to flaunt it” Sia muttered to herself.

The group of girls found their way to the biggest table outside. Aha no surprise there.

“Who is she?” I said while nodding my head towards the girl that I had bumped into.

“Hmm, some guy in my class was talking about her. Her name is Sydney Miller. Apparently her grandmother was filthy rich and when she died she left her whole fortune to her one and only granddaughter. She’s the leader of her group, as you can tell, and her entourage never seems to get enough of her.

Just then, Sydney looked over my way and stared at me. She must have realized that she was staring for longer than expected as she shook her head and continued talking to her friends. Maybe she realized that we shared a house?

I thought about properly introducing myself to her, when the bell rang, indicating that it was time for my next class.

Throwing the garbage of my lunch away, I waved a goodbye to Sia and headed towards my History class.

What I loved about my schedule this semester was that I only had three classes and the last ‘class’ was a spare. It was nice knowing that I could go home early.

~~~

Jumping into my car, I stared the ignition and backed out of the school parking lot. On the way home, I remembered the forest I had for a backyard. I spent the rest of the 20 minute journey sinking my ears into the mainstream music of the radio.

I arrived at the house and parked my car in one of the three parking spaces available on the big driveway. Getting out of the car, I grabbed my bag and took off the keys that were dangling around my neck. Entering the manor, I walked up the stairs and entered my apartment.

I threw the keys on the couch and went into my room in the mood to go for a jog. I changed into some sweats and a hoodie and wrapped the necklace of keys around my neck again. I slipped into some running shoes and also grabbed a little pocket knife. It wasn’t really for protection but rather to mark some trees in case I got lost. I was going into a forest after all and who knows how big it may be.

I locked the door and walked down the stairs. I made my way to the little gravel path that probably led to somewhere, but knowing me, I wouldn’t take it. I liked to make my own path whenever I jogged so that I’d have an area to call my ‘own’.

The forest was beautiful. I was still following the already-made path that was surrounding me with a lush wall of tall greens and the odd perky flowers that sprung out from here or there. After about 5 minutes in, I carved an ‘S’ into a tree and went off the path from there. I started to jog randomly marking ‘S’s every 10 trees that I passed. After about 15 minutes of twists and turns, I found myself in front of a glistening lake. The lake was beyond beautiful. White grains of sand bristled across the edges of the water and the sun shone casting rays of light across the already reflected lake. I was fighting the urge to just rip my clothes off right then and there to go for a quick swim.

The area seemed deserted. There were no signs of picnic benches, sun umbrellas or footprints. It seemed like no one knew this place even existed. The area looked like it hadn’t ever seen human civilization.

Holding my hand over my eyes, I squinted enough to notice a single house, maybe a cottage, just across the lake. I wondered if it was occupied.

I sat myself down at the edge of the water. My toes getting a splash every time the wind blew slightly. Leaning my head back, I closed my eyes and allowed my skin to soak up the sun rays that were filtering through the trees. I re-opened my eyes and looked up the clear sky. It was starting to get darker, I didn’t want to stay out too long or I wouldn’t be able to identify the trees with the ‘S’ shaped markings in the dark and would probably get lost. So I reluctantly picked myself up and headed back to the house, vowing to myself that I would keep coming back to this spectacular place.

~~~

Comment and vote s'il vous plait <33