Intoxicating [19]

I wont say that Jules didn't have a point, she had every right to be as upset as she was. Maybe i was being reckless, stupid even...but i am happy. For the first time since I left home, I am happy. I have friends, I have a guy who cares for me like no one ever before, I have a life here and if she can't accept that then that's on her. Whether or not i make stupid decisions over and over again we are stuck together for the rest of my life so its her decision on whether she wants to be here or not.

I finally forced myself to crawl back out of bed. After she left I was just drained, it always gets like that when she's upset with me. She is a part of me, when she's upset my body takes the brunt of it. It was around five o'clock and Sabrina had a day shift on the boardwalk today so i stayed in bed most of the day, 'To Kill a Mockingbird' tucked into my palms keeping my brain busy.

I had been there so long my legs wobbled as soon as i stood, i still had a few hours before i could see the boys so i decided to start being productive, even if it was almost the end of the day. I changed into some shorts and an old Aerosmith t shirt and made my way downstairs.

I started in the kitchen first, washing all the dishes and wiping down all the counters and the kitchen table. I went through the fridge and threw out any old food and made a note of everything we needed for our next grocery trip. Last was the floors, sweeping and mopping the linoleum. I had always loved how the floor looked while it was wet. Who knew linoleum could be so pretty?

I moved onto the living room, picking up any trash and organizing the tables and shelves. I wiped down the tables and tv stand, put all the couch pillows back in place and ran the vacuum over the carpet until I was satisfied with the finished look.

I finished off with the bathroom and my room, just tidying up a bit and making sure we were still stocked with everything. I gave the house one last lookover and called it a day, putting all of my rags and cleaner away and heading back up to my cave. It was around 7 now and Sabrina would be home any time. I decided on a shower, quickly scrubbing my body and rinsing my hair. By the time I was done and wrapped in a towel there was a small knock at the bedroom door.

I made sure everything was tucked properly into my towel and walked over, opening it to reveal the smiling face of Bina. I gave her a confused look before opening the door a little wider.

"Hello" i said nervously

" Work was so good today" she piped up, it seemed so random.

"Okayyy?" i dragged, waiting for her to go on

"Well-" SHe pushed her way into my room, plopping down on the bed and crossing her legs
"You know that guy? The blonde that keeps coming into work?"

"Ah yes chester the molester..you've mentioned him"

"Don't call him that!" she laughed, "I admit he was a little creepy at first"

"But?"

"But he came in today with flowers! And he asked me out to dinner tomorrow night at this really great pizza shop at the end of the pier"

Immediate flashbacks of my amazing pizza shop adventure with Dwayne popped into my brain, "yeah its really good there, mind your step though"

She chuckled and leaned back, "this is the first bit of positive male attention i've had in a while. I'm nervous Wisty"

"Well if he's the gentleman you say he is im sure you will be fine Bina. Just be yourself and if he's really a good guy he will show you."

"I'm too old to go on dates. It makes me feel like a teenager again"

I gave her another look, this one a bit condescending - "Bina, my entire life - in the time i have never seen you act like anything OTHER than a teenager" I earned a laugh from her as she nodded her head, "you're not wrong there kiddo"