I miss you guys [16]

Marko pulled me beside one of the many shops that lined the dock, sitting back against it. I watched as he shoved his hands in his pockets, relaxing against the white stone wall. As i searched my mind for something to say, i almost turned back, ran away from him, from them...again. But as he cocked his head to the side, questioning me with his goofy grin, I realized something. Marco wouldn't hurt me, he's just a kid who got sorted into the wrong group of friends i guess.

"you've got that right sweetheart" he snickered, straightening back up. The horrified look on my face said it all.

"youve got to be fucking kidding me" i half laughed "of course you can read minds, you fucking eat people." I half meant it as a joke, but Marco stopped laughing, and so did i.

After a moment, he started again, "So..you wanted to talk?" his eyes glistened from the lamps above us, making his face look almost angelic.

I stuttered over my words, focusing on my black sneakers on the pavement. "i don't even know Marco..what am i supposed to say?'' I gave another half-assed attempt at a laugh, shrugging my shoulders.

I looked back up at him, myf face flooded with seriousness as I met his eyes, "what the hell are you Marco?"

He didn't answer for a moment, looking back towards the docks, chewing on his bottom lip anxiously.

"I don't really know.." he trailed off, and I could tell he was being as honest as he could. "I mean, we sleep during the day, prowl at night, and like you said.." he met my stare again, smiling widely "we eat people."

I shook my head,hugging my arms closer as he continued, "the media calls us vampires so i guess that's what we go with at this point" he shrugged, relaxing back against the wall "but we aren't monsters"

I stared back at him in disbelief, "you aren't monsters? you tore someone apart and ATE him in front of me!" I yelled, ignoring him, shushing me.

"Wisteria" he pleaded, grabbing my hands, "we don't just eat people, we eat monsters" he stated calmly. I kept his gaze, eyeing him questioningly.

he sighed and dropped his hands, "we aren't monsters, we were forced into this. but regardless we HAVE to feed" he explained calmly, "so we find people, bad people" he continued, lowering himself to my level, "and that's who we feed on. That guy would have killed you Wisty" his face softened, shrugging and looking away defeated.

my heart stopped as he finished his speech-

"and Dwayne loves you. He would never hurt you."

He straightened up, waiting for my answer, and i was scared that if I didn't give him one, he would walk away, for the last time.

I looked back up at him, speaking softly, "You guys aren't monsters." I couldn't figure out if I was asking him or telling him, but he simply nodded.

I dont know why i do the things i do really , but any horror movie expert would tell you my decision was stupid.

I hugged Marco quickly, pulling him in by his shoulders and wrapping my arms around his neck.

"It's gonna take time," I softly whispered into his ear. "but i really really miss you guys."

--------------------------------

hi im horrible i know! but this has been a crazy senior year! but i promise i will update as soon as possible