Bad Decisions [2]

The past week was extremely tiring for both me and my aunt. Unpacking and switching furniture from room to room, i finished my room pretty quick but the rest of the house was another story. Also during that time i realized my room had its own small bathroom attached. It was small but still held a tub, sink, and toilet so i was happy. I was gradually growing more and more irritated by the moment, i hated being cooped up in the house and every time i asked to go out i was shot down with a ïts dangerous¨ or ¨not without anyone with you¨ remark. I mean i have no friends here so who am i supposed to go with? You? I chuckled at my own thoughts and continued with my own little game of fetch. Fetch meaning i was throwing a ball against the wall and catching it from my bed. It was around 7 pm and the sun was just starting to go down which meant my aunt would be in bed soon. I wanted to leave the house so bad..then the idea popped into my head..i'll wait until she goes to sleep and sneak out from my balcony. What's the worst that could happen?

I waited for about thirty minutes before i heard her footsteps leaving the living room. I ran to my door, almost tripping over my moving boxes, and singing it open quickly before calling out ¨goodnight! I'm going to sleep early i'm exhausted¨ i tried to make it as least suspicious as possible. It must've worked because the only repone i got was a quiet ¨goodnight¨ before she shut her door. I smiled to myself ¨success¨ i whispered before doing a couple fist bumps to the air before closing and locking the door to the stairs. I skipped to my dresser and quickly got dressed in a maroon bikini top, dark jean shorts, with a thin kimono-like bathing suit cover that was black. I quietly slipped on my black sandals and smiled throwing my hair up in a bun.

I made sure to turn my tv up so she wouldn't be suspicious if i didn't answer my door in the small chance she woke up. I grabbed a few dollars from my bag and threw my balcony door open. I looked down and sighed ¨what's she gonna do? Shimmy down the drain?¨ i chuckled to myself and the reference from grease. I took in a deep breath and shrugged throwing me legs over the side and climbing down the abandoned ladder i had conveniently placed there a few night ago. When i reached the bottom i smiled to myself and pulled a few strands of hair from my bun so that my hair looked a bit messier so i could fit the śanta carla' style a bit better. After i made sure the coast was clear i took  off toward the beach.

It only took about fifteen minutes of jogging before i reached to boulevard filled with stores and teens of all types. I took in the scenery and even explored a few shops before making my way to the beach. I walked along the sand, kicking at it mindedly as i walked, watching the waves. I had never been to the beach before, aunt Marie said it was too far and too expensive, wel look at us now. I tried to avoid looking at the couples around me, making out and worse in front of everyone. Before long i found myself on a more secluded part of the beach, it was much more peaceful here, my head was clear and the only sounds were the waves crashing onto the sand. I made my way over to some rocks and sat down, pulling my knees to my chest. It was so peaceful here i could fall asleep...that was until i heard it.

It started out far away but slowly grew closer as a realized what the sounds were..motorcycles. I grew nervous as i realized that no one was around me. My breathing got quicker and heavier and my legs started to shake as i could see the lights approaching from the other side of the beach. I got up and quickly tried to walk back toward the busier part without making it noticeable i was trying to get away from something. I soon realized it was too late as i saw my show light up on the sand due to the lights behind me. I glanced behind me, they were about 15 feet away. I moved to the side hoping they would just drive past me. I finally let out a breath i didn't realize i was holding as the passed me, but not before slowing down and catcalling. Men were such pigs. Before they pulled off i noticed one of the men was staring me down, hard. It made me nervous as we held eye contact for what seemed like minutes as i took in what i was seeing; he had long dark hair, his face held an almost brooding look, and as my eyes traveled south i realized he had no shirt on under his jacket. He pulled his gaze from me and sped up to join the other three men.

I shivered at the encounter and laughed nervously. That could've gone far different from the way it had. I decided then that it would be best for me to head home and get some sleep, and that's exactly what i did.

Entering my room after what seemed like hours left me feeling cold and anxious, for what i had no idea. I stripped of my clothes and threw on a shirt and underwear and crawled into  my bed, snuggling into the tick bedspread. I reached for my remote and turned the tv completely off, the only lightsource into my room being the streetlamp outside. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep but was bombarded by images of the man from earlier. His hard gaze replaying in my brain before total darkness enclosed me.