Distracting [3]

¨Wistyyyy Breakfast is ready!¨ My eyes fluttered open slowly as i glanced at my alarm clock '11:23 a.m'. ¨Ugh fuck¨ i whispered dragging my hand down my face. I sat up in bed just staring around my room before noticing mt balcony door was still open. Suddenly realizing just how cold i was i stood up shivering to close the door. ¨That's weird, i thought i closed it¨ I latched the lock and rummaged through my drawers before changing into sweatpants and a long sleeve shirt before unlocking my door and heading downstairs to eat.

¨Do you think we can get out of the house today?¨ i questioned as i entered the kitchen, met with the smell of bacon mmm. ¨i guess i could go into town, i need to meet with Cheryl and catch up but i've been so busy with the house¨ she trailed on. Cheryl is one of her good friends who moved here when they were in their 20ś. She lives a few blocks from the beach i think, she works at a video store there. ¨finally yy¨ i dragged grabbing a few pieces of bacon and shoving them into my mouth. ¨What time?¨ I sat down at the kitchen table, pulling my knees to my chest.She just shrugged and finished up, putting the pans in the sink and wiping her hands on a towel. ¨id say we could head out about five-ish?¨ she said questioningly cocking her head to the side. ¨i mean she called earlier and said her shift doesn't start until six but i figured we could walk around the boardwalk for a bit.¨ she sat across from me, stealing a piece of my bacon and opening up her magazine.

¨yea that sounds nice¨ i smiled at her and got up pushing the rest of my food towards her. I turned to leave but before i could walk out she stopped me ¨also im leaving around 12 to run some errands, get the bills in order and all that. Will you be okay here alone?¨ she asked not looking up from the book. ¨i'm not two.¨ i answered simply, walking out of the kitchen and back upstairs to my room. I made sure to shut my door before throwing myself back into the comfort of my bed. I just layed there for what felt like hours before i finally heard the front door close and my aunts car leave the driveway. Now i had two options; go back to sleep in this wonderful soft bed, or get my ass up and start decorating my room. I lifted my head up and glanced at the pile of boxes across the room. I huffed and sat up "option two i guess" i stood up and pulled my hair tye from my wrist, wrapping my hair up in a messy bun. The first thing i unpacked was my record player. I hauled it over to a spot on the floor and got it hooked up. I spent about two minutes flipping through records before i found the perfect one. "Cheap Trick" i had a stupid grin on my face as i examined my favorite record  "Heaven Tonight" i stood up and popped the record into the player and was instantly met with my favorite song, Surrender.

I danced around my room like a dumbass, hanging up various posters which ranged from david bowie to a large rob lowe poster across from my bathroom. "Then i woke up, mom and dad are rollin on the couch-" i sang loudly skipping across the room. "Rolling numbers rocking rolling got my kiss records outtt" i put my fingers to my lips pretending to smoke before laughing at myself. As The rest of the record played out a continued hanging up stuff; Multiple dream catchers on the wall above my bed, more posters and a full length mirror beside my bathroom door. A put all my records on a bookshelf and smiled to myself taking in the room. It was gorgeous in my opinion. As the last song played out i took the record out and put it with the others. It was about 3 pm now considering i played through it twice. What can i say? I'm a diehard cheap trick fan.
Sabrina still wasn't home so i took it upon myself to start getting ready. I took a shower making sure to wash my body extremely good considering i just spent about three hours sweating my ass off.when i got out i put my wet hair in two braids down my back and wrapped a towel around my body before leaving the bathroom.  I was meant with instant cold, the hair on my arms stood up on end and i felt a shiver run through my body. "What the shit" i noticed my balcony door open once again. I quickly walked over shutting it and putting a box in front of it to keep it closed. I shook my head and walked over to my dresser to try and find the perfect outfit.

I finally settled on a black halter top, black shorts, and a white and black button up to go on top. I quickly got dressed and sat in the floor. As i was tying my converse i heard the front door open and sabrina's voice yell from the bottom of the stairs. "I'm home we are leaving in two hours" "Gotcha" i yelled back standing up off the floor and waltzing over to my desk, i pulled out my makeup bag and did a quick cat eyeliner and mascara as well as some chapstick. My freckles were very adamant on my tanned skin, just the way i liked them. I quickly blow dried my hair and then pulled it out of the braids leaving my hair in dramatic waves. I smiled and winked at myself in the mirror. I stood up out of the chair,grabbing a magazine and walking over to my bed plopping down on it again, waiting for my aunts signal to leave.

///////
Outfit in the media box as well as the song 💕