• Welcome to Santa Carla {1}•

¨Santa Carla, the city of mystery¨ I read from the pamphlet my aunt had handed me before we began our journey. ¨sounds great¨ i breathed aggravated. ¨It's really not that bad Wisty, if you'd just have an open mind....¨ God i hate my name. My full name is Wisteria Rhiannon May, Odd right? My mom was a hardcore hippie and her middle name was rose and wisteria is a type of rose i guess? You get the drift...she tried to convince me that this move was a good thing. ¨I just think of it as a positive thing ya know? A fresh start from..fro-¨ From my mistakes¨ i finished for her. I wasn't going to deny it, this move was my fault and we both knew it. And with that the conversation was over.

It was 3 hours of awkward silence before  we finally passed the sign that read 'Santa Carla' in big red letters on the side of the road. I groaned dramatically, banging my head on the window a few times before sitting up straight and shutting my eyes, avoiding eye contact with anyone who might be staring from the boardwalk. I've always lived in the city but this was different, instead of people being spread out like in the city it was just crowds of teens who had no will to even pay attention to the cars around them.

It wasn't too long before we pulled into the driveway of a beautiful two story house. It was definitely old but I found comfort in that sort of thing. Even though being from the city meant a lot of big fancy housing, I had a love for old buildings. It was simple, grayish wood with peeled paint and deep brown accessories to it. The second floor had a big window and I instantly fell in love.

¨i call that room¨ i pointed up and smiled as we emerged from the cab. I quickly ran around the back of the car and got my bags from the back running- well running as best i could with 4 big duffle bags in my arms, up the front door. I grabbed the handle, surprised at it being unlocked, and entered the house. The interior was gorgeous. Dark wood floors, each wall was a different shade of gray, and oak detailing across each archway and windowsill. There was already furniture which we had shipped beforehand, but the plastic wrapping didn't do the interior much justice.

I climbed the stairs slowly taking in how breathtaking the upstairs was. It was like it was made for me, there was a door at the top of the stairs and when I opened it I had no other option but to freeze. The whole upstairs was just one big room with a bed in the corner, bookshelves on the wall across from it, a door to a balcony that looked over the backyard.  Lastly was the giant front window  on the far side with a small black couch in front of it. I threw my bags down and ran over to the bed jumping onto it and smiling. Maybe this wasn't going to be as miserable as I expected.

🩸━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━🩸