Arizona [11]

When i woke up the next afternoon, around 2-3, i felt amazing. I slept in late for the first time in a while and i could feel my attitude radiating. I sat up slowly, throwing my huge comforter off of me as i set my feet on the ground, pushing my hands above my head as my back made that satisfying Crack. I relaxed and looked around my room and noticed my balcony door wasn't open today, Bina must've fixed it. I could hear her downstairs on the phone. She was yelling but i couldn't make out anything she was saying, so i decided to investigate.

I stood up, creeping towards my door. As i slowly opened it, it made a small creak and i heard her pause. I stayed completely still, freezing like a statue. After a few seconds of unsure silence she finally continued her conversation. I sighed in relief, continuing my journey. I crept down the stairs, stopping at the bottom just before the kitchen door.

"She doesn't understand Rosemary-" Rosemary? I hadn't heard from my grandmother since before the move.

"After the accident we CANNOT take any risks whatsoever. IF anyone found out what happened she could be sent away forever" I felt my whole body relax as i breathed silently. My neck starting to sweat and my legs felt restless. SHe knew how late i stayed out. I wasn't surprised that she knew, i was surprised that she would bring up what happened in Arizona.

I was instantly pulled from my thoughts as she walked around the corner, almost running into me. I didn't even notice she had hung up the phone. We locked eyes and i knew my face said it all. I wasn't hurt, i wasn't sad, i was beyond pissed. And she could tell because she couldn't get a sentence out, her mouth just hung open like a cave, waiting for a spider to crawl in.

"Wisty listen I-"

"Don't" I cut her off instantly, stepping from the bottom step so that my face was only inches from hers. "You know what? I'm tired of you always bringing up arizona for everything i do. I fucked up back there okay? And i fucked up bad, i know that. But i am fucking grown, i will be 23 soon and i'm tired of you believing that you can tell me what to do every fucking day because you dragged me away from my problems." I spat out bitterly. My fists were bald and my teeth were clenched so hard i thought they would break. I could feel my body heating up, from my feet to my face.

"I saved you" SHe whispered, her voice quivering.

"Saved me?" i let out an almost demented laugh.I walked past her, hitting her with my shoulder as i did, opening the door. "The only person you were trying to save was yourself" I commented, slamming the door behind me as i walked quickly away from the house.

I knew she wouldn't follow me, i just knew. But i quickly realized storming out wasn't the best idea because i was still clad in my old clothes from last night. I huffed and put my hand over my eyes, i didn't need this right now. I made my way around the house, avoiding windows and the side doors . I reached the back and started my climb up to my balcony. I made it, barely, with a few scrapes on my legs. I climbed over the railing and opened the door, quickly scurrying to shut and lock my bedroom door. I had to hurry before she realized i was still here so i rummaged through my drawers, finding a plain baby pink tshirt, shorts, and a black belt. I quickly pulled on my beat up converse and braided my hair loosely. I grabbed my wallet and stuffed it into my back pocket before running to the bathroom and brushing my teeth.

When i finished, right as i was leaving my room, i heard the handle to my door jiggle and Sabrina's voice call my name. I shut the balcony doors and threw my leg over the edge again, climbing down the side. About halfway down i must've misstepped because i felt my whole body fall, my front-side scraping against the stone wall as i hit the soft glass below me.

The fall knocked my breathe out, and as i leaned up to try and breathe i noticed i now had cuts all over my arm and legs, the arent bad but they were bleeding a little. That's when i reached up and touched my face, feeling the small cut that had formed right above my eyebrow. "Fuck" i mumbled, finally catching my breath and pulling myself up. I didn't have time to sit there and cry about it so i jogged down the road as fast as i could, limping slightly.