30- are you afraid

Standing in front of her ,  Vincenzo couldn't even look at her being ashamed of who he is and everything made him feel that way

Suddenly her voice started trembling as she said "I really would've understood we could've figured it out together but you chose to take the easy way out "

He looked at her and saw the tears that were streaming down her face " it was hard for me too I looked for hundreds of other ways but didn't find any  ,only that one , leaving you killed me , you getting out of that room that morning killed me i wanted to scream and tell you not to but I couldn't "he said

After taking a few deep breaths he continued " I had no other choice , otherwise why would I leave the only person I love the most the person who makes me feel alright you make me feel different that one with you was the happiest one , I wanted you back all this time I really missed you , really you only matter to me that's why I left "

his eyes were tearing too at this moment while she was sobbing , she let go of herself and only sat on the ground still crying "I missed you too so much " she said in between her sobs and couldn't continue talking

He went to her and hugged her trying to give her comfort and said " I won't ever leave you alone again I promise "

After calming her and getting her a glass of water they both sat on the couch and she said " you being a ....well a...mafia "

She kept hesitating about it and he only gave her time knowing how shocked she must've been

"Did you ever kill anyone ? " after finally gathering her courage she asked

He was startled at her question but instantly answered saying " No , I never did I want you to know something "

She looked at him waiting for more words to come out of his mouth " my dad Roberto married my mom when I was eight and we went to Italy to live with him , him being the capo of the family he was the only one who could do it knowing how everyone else wanted it too , our family was in that world for decades and is one of the oldest ones , but they grew tired of paying for their parents mistakes and also tired of dealing with the enemies for years , and also my dad after having me he wanted to make it a safe place for me to grow up so he dealt with all of the enemies himself wether making pacts or finishing them off he only wanted that , I was trained for all sorts of danger and about their mindsets "

" then how do you still work for them and you are a consigliere now ?" She asked not even glancing at him who was beside her

" well it's hard to get out of it completely and in my family we stopped doing any mafia stuff like gaining money mafia style we only kept our name in that world and are dealing with whoever dares to hurts us  because of our past that's all " he said

" but then why didn't you tell me ? If you are no longer in that world " she asked

"Well the first time that I was ashamed of who I was . It was when I met you back then with all your perfections , I felt like I will be able to get out of it completely without any damages and be with you , but still every time I saw you there was something inside of me telling me to tell you the truth "

He stopped for a while before asking " what now ?"

She looked at him and was about to stand up but he held her hand telling her not to , he was waiting for an answer she couldn't give right away so she just said " I don't know either this is new to me "

"I'm sorry " he looked down at his hand in hers regretfully as he continued " I put you In a hard situation you should be living your love life with someone far better someone who deserves you "