His Wifi- 2

"Our souls fell in love our egos broke us apart"

——

Vote and comment

——

I scoffed in disbelief hearing my mothers words, the family trip that had started when I was young but stopped after Callie's accident and she wanted to continue it. After everything.

"I do not want to go on a trip, I am perfectly fine staying at home." I stated to my mothers dismay, her lips curved into a frown hearing my words.
"I do not see why you can not come, you no longer work." She stated making me sigh, I had quit the internship at Betsy's fashion design company. I had come to realise that being close to her reminded me of him, and I needed to move on.

"I still have my book to write." I stated trying to find an excuse that would be valid in my mothers eyes to allow me to stay behind, I could see she was not going to back down until she got what she wanted and that was for me to agree.

"That can continue once we return, your a self publisher. You do not have an deadline, I was stop with your excuses. You are living under my room Crystal." I sighed hearing her say that, I could not allow myself to go to the condo it brought back a lot of memories and now I did not have a job so I did not have the funds to move out.

"Mother, Aftó eínai ádiko." I said whilst stomping my foot on the spot I stood on like a child, I watched my mother roll her eyes at me.
"Sweetie, I zoi den einai dikaii." She replied back, silencing me. She was right, life had been very unfair with me. It slowly began to take away everything I loved leaving me feeling alone and empty.

"Mother, I give up. Arguing with you is a game of agreeing to disagree." I said to which brought a smile to her face, I mentally rolled my eyes before turning around and heading back to my room.

"The Reid family will also attend with us." I froze on my steps hearing her words, my parents were unaware of my decision to separate with Ace and assumed I was still not able to cope with me losing my child.
"The family trip was only meant to be amongst us." I said whilst turning around with my eyebrows arched, she gave me an innocent look and I instantly knew what she was trying to do.

"The Reid are now family, I will not be discussing this anymore. We will be leaving tomorrow, pack your bags and be ready." I scowled at her retreating figure, I hated how mother now assumed she could dictate my life as I was living under her room.

"Thank God your here, I need you help." I snap my head at Callie who's descending the stairs just as I was about to heat to my room, I was in no mood after what my mother had just said.
"Callie if this about your gardening you need with, I'm too tired." I said, Callista had developed a new skill or hobby which was gardening, she had a whole green house made in the back garden filled with different flowers and some were even vegetables.

"Oh hush, it's not that. I need to get a file for my meeting and father is not here to be with me in the car, you know how I get when I am alone in a car." I nodded my head whilst frowning, call it trauma, call it PTSD but Callie had become scared to travel anywhere alone after her accident.

The doctors recommended that someone to be with her to prevent her having anxiety attacks whilst she is driving alone.

"Is there no driver?" I asked, she gave me a deadpanned look where as I just shrugged my shoulders.
"No Sherlock, I would have made him drive me if he was here. Father took our driver so come on I do not have all day." Unlike the Reid family we did not have several drivers, we only had one. But as everyone knew how to drive it had never been an issue.

"Fine, lead the way." A wide smile crossed her face as I spoke, she nodded her head and we began our journey to her beautiful white Tesla. Getting inside and settling down on the passenger seat, I buckled my self and waited for Callie to start the car.

"I pray to you God, keep this journey short and safe and insure the safety of mine and my family. Amen." I arched my eyebrows at her, where as she just gave me a sheepish smile before beginning to drive.

The drive was not that long, and it was long before I realised we were in front of the mansion I had lived with Ace.

"What are we doing here?" I asked turning my attention to her, she gave me a guilty look making me glare at her.
"I need my file, it's in Ace's office. Come, he won't be home." I sighed but listened to her and exited the house, my heart sored as I entered the house remembering the incident as if it was just yesterday.

I flinched imagining myself rolling down the stairs after being pushed by Ruby, the blood pooling around me from my head and stomach.

"I can not seem to get signal over here." Callie groaned, waving her phone around in hope to get signal. The mansion was on a hill, we never faced signal problem as Ace had used his money to insure we get the best Wi-Fi broadband.

"Well mobile data don't work here, you have to connect your phone to the Wi-Fi." I said, before looking down at my phone which buzzed connecting me to the Wi-Fi instantly.

"So give me the Wi-Fi password." I frowned at her, whilst she patiently waited for me to give it to her.
"It's not my Wi-Fi password to share" she snapped her head up to look at me, staring at me as if I had grown two head from what I had just said.

"Yours or his Wi-Fi it's the same thing" she stated with an arched eyebrows, I bit my lower lips. This was no longer my house, even if I had decorated each corner with so much love I had no right on it anymore. Neither did I have the rights on the Wi-Fi.

"Asshole but spell it with caps A55H01E." I stiffened hearing the voice behind me, I had assumed he was not at home. My eyes tarted to Callie who avoided eye contact which made me feel as if she knew he was home and had lied to me.

"Thank you, we'll I am going to get the file." She said before hurrying upstairs, I did not need to turn to look at him to know he was already staring at me.
"Do you want water, or anything to drink?" He asked, I bit my lower lips I had been avoiding him ever since our last encounter.

"I can get it myself." I said walking away and into the kitchen, I grabbed the glass from the kitchen and pulled out a cold water bottle from the fridge and poured myself a glass filled with water.
I froze feeling him press against me from behind, his hands were on either side of me on the counter.

"You smell good." He whispered, his nose was in my hair as he inhaled. I closed my eyes enjoying the closeness. I snapped my eyes open realising what I was doing. What he was doing. I pushed him away clearing my throat as I walked away from him.

"Let Callie know I will be waiting for her in the car." I did not wait for an reply as I walked out of the kitchen, I felt my eyes sting. I missed him. But this house and being with him brought back so many memories both good and bad.