His Wifi- 10

"Being family is determined more by behaviour than blood"

——

Don't forget to vote and comment

——

Ace had disappeared after dinner, spending a little time with my family before we all bid our goodbyes and headed to our huts. The door to mine and Ace's hut was slightly ajar, I could hear his voice and as I placed my hands on my door handle I froze hearing what he said next.

"Keep updating me regarding Ruby, we are close to her. It will not be any longer before we have her." He said to whom ever he was on call with, he had not been lying when he had said he was hell bent of finding Ruby. I pushed the door open just as he hung up, I looked him in the eyes as he stared back at me.

"I want to be updated regarding Ruby." I stated, my voice was calm but held no room for arguments and I knew he had heard my tone but chose to ignore it.
"I do not need you to stress, góissa." He said but I shook my head approaching him, that women took away a life a baby that was supposed to be mine and Ace's. She took away his/her chance to see the world.

"I want to be involved, Ace. Please." I whispered, he looked in thoughts for a moment before he nodded his head.
"I have hired an Private investigator, I could not just rely on the police. For the pass few months we have been trying to locate the place Ruby is at, and when ever we get a settled location she is gone poof, she is smart. She is not staying in one location for long, but we are close." He said and I nodded my head, I felt a tear roll down my cheeks as he wiped it away.

"We're going to find her and make her pay for what she has done, for our baby." I whispered to him, he nodded his head taking my hands into his and giving it a gentle squeeze.
"For our baby." He replied back, another tear escaped my cheeks and I closed my eyes.

"We should head to bed." I said to which he nodded his head, as the lights switched off I knew neither of us could sleep. We are so close to Ruby yet so far, but the feeling that we are getting there made me feel satisfied.

——

I awoke early, I turned to my side and froze watching Ace sleep. It had been a while since I watched him sleeping so peacefully, I had missed him. And there was no denying it, but a lot had happened and I am not sure I can get over it.

It felt different...in a good way waking up to see him, he had always felt home to me. I shook my head, sitting up on the bed leaning my head against the wooden head board as I sighed.

I threw the duvet off me, ready to start my day off.

"I was kinda enjoying you staring at me, not that it was creepy at all." I froze hearing his voice, I turned to look at the smug look on his face making me bit my lower lips as if I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

"I-I was not staring at you, I was looking at erm...how pointy your nose has become." I made up a lie, even though I knew he could pick up my lie. His hands still touched his nose with an narrowed eyebrows.
"My nose is not pointy, it's comes under the category of perfect." I rolled my eyes at him approaching my cupboard and pulling out my clothes that I would be wearing today.

I turned around to set my clothes on my bed, but froze as I saw him taking out a cigarette from an box.
"You smoke?" I asked, I had not seen him smoking. But even if I had this was something I did not like, smoking was injurious to health and I remember the look on my distant aunties face when she lost her husband to lung cancer.

"Well...yeah, have since the pass couple months." I furrowed my eyebrows at him and approached him pulling out the unlit cigarette from his lips.
"We'll kind sir, you should not be in taking stuff into your body that can harm you." I stated with a deathly glare, I snapped the stick in half seeing his lips part in shock as he saw me throw it away into the dust bin.

I gasped seeing him pull out his packet ready to taken another cigarette out, I rushed over snatching the cigarette packet but this time he reached out to grab it only to have me lose balance and fall back on to the bed.

"Give me the packet." He laughed, getting on top trying to grab the packet from my hands. I joined in laughing shaking my head.
"Never." I said laughing struggling to get him off me as he caged me in between his thighs whilst he was on his knees on the bed.

"Fine if you don't give me, you leave me no choice." I did not have any chance to reply because his hands stopped trying to grab the packet instead attacked me, tickling me making me scream out loud laughing.
"Stop." I yelled in between laughing struggling to make him stop, my grip on the packet loosened and he took advantage and snatched the packet out of my palms before smirking and continuing to tickle me.

"You have the packet now stop." I was now begging, my jaws were hurting from laughing so loudly but the evil smirk on his face told me he was going to do the opposite of stopping.
"Never." He yelled continuing to tickle me as i fidgeted under his grip throwing my head back laughing.
"Your an tickle monster." I screamed making him let out a laugh at the nickname I had thrown at him.