FML (A/N)

Hi guys!

Long time no updates... yeah haha things went to pot as the saying goes. So let me recap you all as to where I have been. It's a long one so prepare yourselves!

Also just want to say I've typed this twice now because Wattpad crashed on my phone 🙃

Christmas period: Played Pokemon Go Community Day roll over event with my boyfriend (Tom) and his mates which was amazing. 20th December Tom tests positive for Covid, 23rd December I test positive. I didn't test negative until 2nd January

January: In that first week a lot happened so... Pantomime season (stage show) was in full swing and we got the ok from the government to do it, fantastic news wonderful stuff, I've just tested negative in time for panto let's go!

January 4th - My grandfather dies, hit like a truck because he was fine and then suddenly he wasn't, in the space of a day he went from himself to deaths door and then he parted. My dad was destroyed, he's lost both parents now. On top of that my sister has now been given a big part to play in the panto because someone got covid (not from me thank god) so she's freaking out and she's depressed, not a great combination. 5th-7th January is show time. It all goes down well and we raise a lot of money so that's fantastic!

8th January: 4 cast test positive

9th January: 10 test positive

10th: My sister tests positive so back into a house lock down we go. Luckily she wasn't back at school yet so it was contained.

22nd January: My sisters pat day of isolation, negative test. My other sister that had to share a room with her (we have a small house) tests negative woooo fantastic wonderful news.

23rd: Other sister tests positive and back into isolation we go!

10th February: Everyone in the house is covid free, all happy and back to school and work. I start prepping for Valentine's Day with Tom and a mate's birthday on the weekend before, it's all great fantastic.

11th February: I have to call 111 at 3am because my dad is having really bad muscle spasms in his back and is stuck rigid standing, he can't sit or bend and is crying in pain so we have no choice but to get an ambulance out to cart him to hospital. He's released later that day but I don't sleep because I was the only one awake to help him and now I'm worried. He gets back with a literal bag of drugs to help with pain and swelling and has to take it easy.

12th February: mum crashes the family car and it gets written off and has to wait for collection but we still have to get shopping and whatnot and get to my grandfather's funeral so we tough it out and duck tape the boot part and ignore the huge dent in the door that doesn't open and the scratch down the side, it's fine!

14th February: had a great date with Tom and we end up at the pub we quiz at for drinks after dinner. Very awkward because no one else is there and then our mate walks in to get drunk because he's single and I don't blame him so we end our date early not an issue.

15th February: one of the mates (Milo) tests positive for covid so naturally we all start to panic. I then get a notification to say I need to self isolate because someone in the restaurant Tom and I went to also tested positive... kill me...

Milo is also a Pokémon go YouTuber so we were doing an event with him and we went to Starbucks and had dinner with the group and it sucked that he got ill because he could edit his videos properly but he's back to himself now which is great to see. And if any of you are interested in Pokémon Go and want tips and tricks here's his channel link: https://youtube.com/c/PoGoMiloUK

And my friend code is: 8194 1708 8063

18th February: my grandfathers funeral. It was a nice send off, he was cremated and the family are together for the first time in almost a decade. He was a Jehovah's Witness so any birthdays and whatnot aren't celebrated, no holidays like Christmas or Easter so we barely see them. Not only that but he was a big "speaker" which is like their version of a priest I think, so he was always busy with that. So many people came up to me that I didn't know and being none religious it's hard to relate to the words of Jehovah because I just can't. My sisters are too young to even remember being told about this stuff so I have to just be there for them and my dad. My mum was completely fine, she held it together well. The after reception at his house was hard. Being his only grand kids it was hard to sit and watch the adults talk about him when we can barely remember his face or voice, they had so much more time with him than we did.

A week of testing and depression and I'm all clear, I'm back out walking, trying to get fit and sort out my life, I need to get a job or do my masters at uni so I start looking at that and applying for jobs. I get one or two interviews and it's all good

21st February: my grandad next door collapses at 1 am and my Nan has to call 999 to get an ambulance crew round to help. They cart him off to the nearest hospital where they keep him in for about a week where they confirm my Nan suspicions of him having a stroke so his speech is slurred his sight is blurry and he doesn't have use of the left side of his body.

He is then moved to a different hospital where he stays for about five days before being moved to the hospital that is about 20 minutes away from my house which is good news because it means he's progressing . However he's still having physiotherapy and speech therapy going into the gym to try and gain back any movement with his left leg and his arm as he can't stand and needs assistance with almost everything.

Today after almost a month of him being in hospital we've been told that he has been moved to a rehabilitation centre today is about a 10 minute walk from here which is great news because now we don't have to drive 20 minutes or so to the hospital and hopefully with these visiting hours we might actually be able to see him because my Nan and my mum have been only wants to go see him due to obviously Covid restrictions in hospitals and patients being quite susceptible to any sort of illness.

So all in all I think it's safe to say I have had a very stressful start of the year and on top of everything that's happened I have been assisting my Nan next door because she has animals that need taking care of she has birds she's got a cat a dog she's got a guinea pig to 3 rabbits and my grandad's fish that obviously tending to.

I've had some good days in between all the things have happened but I've also had some bad days where I've had some panic attacks some breakdowns and some really tough days trying to sleep and juggling thing I've got going on in my life.

I have had a small amount of time to look at jobs I've had a few interviews this year that I haven't been successful with and looking back to my degree doing a Masters might not lose my chances of being employed so I'm thinking of skipping that option.

However with my grandad having had that stroke the chances are he's going to need a carer, obviously my grandparents don't want someone living in their house but he will need a live in carer they don't want somebody they don't know because of all the horror stories of elderly people being abused or having money stolen so I have stepped forward to be my grandad's carer which is a huge responsibility but it's the right thing I need to do for my family because at the end of the day family comes first.

So I would like to apologise the requests that I haven't completed I have found time where to relax my mind I have been typing out some requests that have been put in and I'm hoping to get one published within the next week also I've rediscovered my passion for football and I will be going to a football match with Tom on Sunday which I'm looking forward to.

So that is my update for you all I feel like I should've updated you guys sooner so that you don't think I've abandoned you haha But with everything that's happened it's been really difficult to try and get it all sorted.

That being said I want to wish you all a wonderful weekend and I hope you all stay safe and stay well. With everything that is going on in the world right now I would like to let you all know my DMs are always open if you need to talk to someone and my comments are an open space for everyone regardless of age, gender, sexuality, race, religion or if you like DC (although I will have to judge you silently at first)

Peace out brevcakes 😎✌🏻