London Beckoned (Robert x Reader)

Y/N POV
"Hey hun."
"Hi handsome." I smiled. "How can I help you? What is it you want now?" I teased.
"Why do you assume that I want something?"
"The tone of your voice says it all."
"Damn it." he huffed "Fine, you got me."
"So..."
"So... I was thinking, we do something wild, extravagant, out of the ordinary."
"Well, what do you have in mind and when?"
"This weekend."
"No can-do babe. I've got work, I'm on call."
"Ahhh, ok." he sulked "Maybe next weekend then."

You see, truth was I didn't have work. In fact, I booked this weekend off months ago but I needed to throw him off track. Saturday is Robert's birthday and what he doesn't know is that I've booked a holiday to London for him, since he has been dying to go back as a holiday instead of filming. I just need to figure out how to tell him. Our bags are packed and placed in the spare room out of sight, the plane leaves NYC at 7am and arrives at Heathrow at approximately 13:45 GMT which allows us to relax and catch some sleep on the way there and drop off our stuff at the hotel and walk around London for a bit. I was planning on telling him tonight since it is our allocated 'chill night'.

"Hey Rob?" I shouted from the corridor.
"Yeah?"
"I'm going to go have a quick shower while you finish off your work. You still up for our movie and relaxation night?"
"Yeah, sure. I'm nearly finished, give me 10 minutes."
"Ok. It's your turn to pick tonight." Perfect, everything is falling into place, all that's left is for him to open his study door, follow the rose petal trail and find me in the hot tub where hopefully he'll join me in the hot-tub.

Robert's POV

Well, I guess I won't be doing anything exciting for my birthday, it's almost as if she completely forgot. Ohh well, I guess if duty calls she's got to go. If I save this... Andddd... Done! now, off to join- Hang on, what's this? Why are there rose petals on the carpet outside my office? I guess I better see where they lead to. As I followed the trail, starting outside my office going down past our shared room and Y/N 's office leading me down the stairs and out to the patio which could only mean one thing. The hot tub?

"Urmm, Y/N? You out there?" I said slightly above a whisper, knocking on the patio door lightly.
"Yeah."
"Can I come out there, I have a question."
"Sure."
"Well, I was wondering why there was a trail of- ohh." Was as far as I got when I laid eyes upon the sight before me. It was easily the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Y/N was sat in my hot-tub with the jets going with candles around the edge and a bottle of champagne on the side. The lights were dimmed low so the candles had more of an effect, illuminating the path to the hot tub. "Umm, Y/N what's going on?" I asked, slightly distracted. "Ohhh, nothing special."

"Oh really? Right.. so, you wouldn't mind if I joined you then?"
"Of course not, it is your house. Go ahead." she winked, biting her lip.

I sauntered towards her, a cheeky grin plastered on my face as I slowly began to remove my clothes, excruciatingly slow. Thing is, we both work such weird hours and we had both been working all week. These last few months I had been in 'Hot-lanta' doing some final bits of filming for Cap 3 and pretty much the moment I got back I was out on press tours and doing interviews for the movie. Y/N, on the other hand, has been doing nights as acting deputy at the local police station as part of her training to joining the force, something she's wanted to do since a young age but when we met in London and began dating, it took time but eventually I brought her back to Cali with me and she never got the chance.

Basically, we haven't really had time together since the beginning of the year because of the timetable clash but now, finally, we had some time to relax and just enjoy the evening. We've only been together for a little over two years now but she moved in with me and boy am I grateful.

I reached the edge of the hot tub and folded my arms as she ran her eyes over my body, which might I say is in perfect shape! Her eyes raked my body as she bit her lip. "Enjoying the view?" I smirked as her eyes landed on my underwear and she began to giggle. "What's so funny?" I asked.
"It's not every day you see a grown man wearing Captain America boxers." she giggled.
"Well, in case you hadn't noticed, I'm not exactly your everyday sort-of guy. I'm Tony Stark." I smiled triumphantly. "No, you are Robert John Downey Jr, and you like to BELIEVE that you are Tony Stark." she stated matter-of-factly. "Either way, Tony Stark or not, are you joining me in here or not? It's boring when you're alone."