Julian Wells x Reader

FLASHBACK

"Julian! That's it, I swear to god I'm done!" Clay shouted, shoving his former friend, Julian, out of his house. "Clay, listen to me. I didn't mean to, trust me this is... the is thing... I wanted to... Just-" he began. "No, I don't want to hear it. You stole from me to fuel your habit, you manipulated those around you and you're in debt to a notorious dealer. Don't EVER come back here, you hear me?! I have given you chance after chance and all you've done is turn your back on it and fuck it up, I'm done!" With that being said, Clay slammed the door shut and locked the door, turning the lights out and going up to his room.

Broken.
Confused.
Terrified.
Lost.
Tainted.
Undesired.

All these words described Julian perfectly in that moment. He had lost his best friend and his last support line, without Clay, the fear of spiralling out of control and not being able to return became more realistic by the second. The sweat on his brow, trickled down his nose and down his cheek where it combined with the lone tear that rolled down his pale face. He knew what he had to do but he wasn't strong enough to do it alone. His brain fought a battle of what was right: Steal to get his high or fix up his life. One much easier than the other.

He had no choice but to choose the latter. He had no home, no money, no friends. The only place he could think of going was somewhere he promised he'd never go back to. But he had no choice but to.

END OF FLASHBACK

That night was two months and seventeen days ago. Julian had arrived at your door, crying, pale, shaking and in a state worse than you had ever seen. You had once been good friends with Julian but your parents had never agreed with you two mingling, of course when he got involved with various illegal substances he was banned from being anywhere near you. You had a huge crush of him before the drugs and even during, it hurt you to see him that way and you snuck out late at night to try and help him. You got a weekend job to help him pay back what he owed.

Then your parents found out.

They took it as that you were "Rebelling" as your father said. They moved you out of state almost immediately and you didn't have time to tell Julian where you were going. You gave him a state and a landmark, should he ever need to see you urgently, he had your number but your parents always monitored your phone. You tried to talk to him but you were always caught out. When you were twenty, you moved out of your home and got a place of your own.

So here you sat on your usual calm and lonely evenings just getting through life, you were looking to enroll on to a law course or maybe an arts course, very different courses with content at either end of the scale but you were starting to think that sitting all alone at home was ruining your health, plus money doesn't grow on trees and you knew that better than most right now as your part time job in the local coffee store had been very slow thanks to the introduction of a new Starbucks just round the corner. So, you were living on less than a weeks wages which meant very little food and not a huge amount could be done to fix it. Your parents knew of your struggles and offered to send you some money which you decline at first and then realised you needed it more than ever.

Anyway, back to the moment Julian showed up at your doorstep in such a mess that led to this situation you were in now. He crashed on the sofa the first couple nights and then when his withdrawal started to kick in you let him sleep in your bed with you so that you could be by his side should anything go wrong. It was working slowly but surely and you were very proud of how far he had gotten in such a short time but he was determined to kick the habit and start a new life.

"Y/N?!" Julian called from in the shower.
"Yeah?"
"Can you bring me that new bottle of shampoo please? I left it on the bed again."
"Jesus, you'd forget your head if it weren't screwed on!" you joked as you walked into your shared room and picked up the bottle of shampoo and walked into the bathroom, sticking a hand behind the curtain and giving it to Julian. "Thank you honey." he cooed as you heard the bottle open. "So, what's with the fancy looking outfit and new body wash and shampoo?" you asked leaning against the sink in the steamy bathroom. You both got on so well that this was normal for the two of you, one person could be showering and the other would brush their teeth or use the mirror.