Tony Stark Post Civil War (PTSD)

WARNING TO ALL OF THOSE WITH PTSD AND PANIC ATTACKS!! DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE EASILY TRIGGERED, IT WAS HARD FOR ME TO WRITE THIS IS WITH MY ISSUES SO THIS IS A PRE-WARNING.

This is a continuation from a previous chapter from before Civil War, so if you read that chapter it might help and if you haven't seen the movie you won't have a clue what is going on and there are spoilers but at this point in time, most would have seen it. That being said it's not terrible but it might make you a little sad. Lets get to it!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was only the beginning, none of them knew how quickly things would escalate. They could sense it in the air, everything became tense within the tower, people would often find themselves isolated and torn between what was right and what was wrong. The tower, once full of people and Avengers was now barren, a husk of what it once was. People had moved out and Stark tower as everyone once knew it was now just another building in the streets of New York. One piece of paper had torn everything that Fury had worked on in half and in a matter of seconds... and what for? No-one knew, no one felt any safer knowing that the Avengers had split than they did before the accords were signed.

For Tony, things were getting worse every day. The snowball effect these events had on him, had now turned into a near fatal avalanche. He had lost Pepper, his friends, his dignity, his parents and most importantly, his best friend who was also his idol deep down, all the times his dad used to brag about how he was the reason the world had Captain America and all of the cool things they spoke about and the good old days... were now just a favored memory. How could he have been so foolish to believe that no one would get hurt, that Steve would come quietly. All because they had to do what was right, or so Ross had told them.

It was simply meant to be Tony talking Steve into coming with him, to reason with him, to come to an agreement, but no. Bucky had to get in the way, yes they were childhood friends and Steve must've felt so alone in a world so new and changed and after just getting Bucky back he didn't want to lose him... but Tony wasn't overly keen on losing Steve either because aside from photos and blueprints, he was the closest thing to his father he had left in this world. And what with Rhodey being in the position he was, having been shot down and now recovering, there seemed as if there was no solution to the problem at hand... His legs needed to be amputated and unless Tony could think of a way of creating a pair of bionic legs for his friend because he got him into this mess and he owed it to him, there may be no other way forward for him. Or maybe he could cut out the middleman and just create a way for him to walk with his legs in a brace to reduce the risk of having him have metal legs for the rest of his life, not a look for the ladies but definitely a story to tell people, much better than the previous stories.

No matter what he ended up doing, something was going to change, the Avengers were no longer together and they were now rogues in their own individual lights. Cap and the others escaped from the grasps of Ross and Tony just refused to be involved further and it was best that way because if he could barely function like this... he would dread to think of what would happen. And that brought this all back to Y/N. He felt so guilty and upset that Y/N had been dragged into all of this and she definitely didn't deserve this divide. She was there for him when everything had hit the fan and she stayed with him after it had all gone wrong but she didn't have to, she only needed to say the word and Tony would sign her pay checks and give her paid leave as she deserved because she was going above and beyond the call of duty.

He didn't know when but he knew that soon a greater threat would come to their doorstep and they would have no choice but to defend the world as best they could, Y/N wasn't a fighter she was a lover and hugger. Tony knew that she deserved so much better than being dragged into all of this and he tried everything in his power to make it known that Y/N never picked a side because it wasn't her fight. So when the press harassed her and fought their way into Stark Industries buildings, he made sure Happy had her back and told them to all back off. He had her surrounded by body guards at he risk of someone getting wind of her being an easy target to get into the building or whatever reason they had to get to Tony, or maybe he was being paranoid... he couldn't tell anymore if he was being rational.