Sherlock Holmes x Reader

This is a request for Stormy3187 . My first attempt at a Sherlock one shot, I hope you like it.
_______________________________________________________
"Holmes, you never cease to amaze me."
"On the contrary my dear Watson, you never cease to amaze me."
"How so?"
"Well my dear Watson, you-"
"Mr Holmes, I have a man here to see you. Says he's from Scotland Yard"
"Send him in please Ms Hudson."
"Yes, please do. Nanny."

As it turns out, Inspector Lestrade had a man storm into his office demanding to see me. His late brother was brutally murdered at The Strand hotel, following a a welcoming ceremony, stabbed twice in the chest with severe lacerations to the face and forearms, common with a struggle. "Watson, we have a case to solve." I smirked, lighting my pipe "do hurry along."
"Nice to see that you haven't changed a bit."
"But of course old boy, I'm that bit wiser having narrowly escaped death."

(Time skip brought to you by Sherlock in a dress...)

Upon arriving at the scene, I observed the hall and concluded that the motive was purely for another man, a case of mistaken identity. It appears that the deceased, a Mr A.P Lockheart, had been one of many to arrive home after fighting on foreign borders, upon reaching this destination he was followed at a distance. Of course Mr Lockheart wasn't alone, he was but one of twenty other armed forces officers returning to the celebration. At some point, during the exchange of thank you's and celebrations one particular guest wasn't quite as happy to see their return having had his son killed by the British, it was at this point he took his revenge.

"I conclude that this man was unlawfully killed by mistaken identity. The killer fled the scene, through the crowd, down the sewers and into town. He did however leave a vital piece of evidence, his weapon of choice. Personalised antique calvary dagger, used by those whom are veterans of the battlefield."
"What do you suggest we do?"
"Have them shut off any escape routes from London to the coast, therefore meaning he would have to find an alternative route." I suggested. "Until then we are looking-"

Who was this beautiful lady that hid her face from others seated at the back? "Holmes? Holmes? We are looking?
"Ohh, umm. Male in his mid-forties, of European in fact German descent, judging by the positions of the fatal wounds, I would say 5"8 , right handed with black hair and brown eyes."
"Very well Holmes, we'll get right on it." Lestrade nodded before leaving.
"Indeed, now if you'll excuse me I need to collect witness statements."
"Witness statements, Holmes-"
"No time Watson."

I gingerly approached her, proceeding with caution as to not startle her. "Quite the tragedy, to be welcomed back a hero and then be horrifically killed." I stated, circling the chair she sat on. "Indeed. I don't believe we've met. Y/N Y/S/N, and you are the great Sherlock Holmes."
"Ahh, a fan perhaps, nevertheless a pleasure to meet you Madam." I smiled, raising her hand to my lips. "Relation to the deceased?"
"School friends."
"I see, I do give my condolences to you for such a sudden and shocking experience."
"Thank you Sherlock. Promise me this, catch the man who did this to my good friend Andrew. Please." She asked, standing to leave.
"You have my word." I kissed her knuckles once more before she disappeared.

Over the coming weeks, Y/N helped us out with the case following leads and taking names as we worked endless hours, there was something about her and her presence that ignited a flame in my heart, made me develop feelings for her, dare I say love her. Back to the case, she was able to track the possible escape routes of our murderer and we managed to apprehend a Mr Karl Künneth, who was sentenced this morning to a life in prison. Not without me using many of my, interesting disguises.

We had brought closure to this cold hearted murder case and the family were incredibly thankful. I was just leaving the court after being approached by the family. "Another great job Holmes."
"But of course, what would you do without me Lestrade?"
"Ohh, I do wonder." He huffed before walking back to his carriage.
"Mr Holmes, you couldn't spare a moment?" Y/N asked as she approached us.
"I was just leaving, I shall meet you back at the office old chap." Watson nodded before placing his hat on and walking away.

Y/N and I walked down the road in the opposite direction to Watson, the silence almost deafening. "Another successful case Mr Holmes, thank you for putting my mind at rest."
"But I believe the thanks go to you my dear, for had you not found where he was, he may have exited the country, then we never would have found him." I acknowledged "So I do believe congratulations are in order."
"Yes, they are. I'm going to miss working with you Sherlock, it was a pleasure."
"Y/N may I tell you something?"
"Of course."

"You see Y/N, over the past couple of weeks I have studied you, I've seen the way you approach a matter and concluded that this isn't your first, rodeo, as it were. I believe you have encountered an issue as such before or have done some extensive research into the matter. Furthermore, there is something that I admire about you, your work ethic, your ability to be around me and not go insane. What I'm trying to say here is that I believe I've come to develop some feelings for you." I sighed coming to a stop on the corner of the road, holding her hands in mine.

"Sherlock, I don't know what to say... You have puzzled me since the day we met and you aren't the easiest nut to crack. I too have developed feelings of sorts for you over the past weeks."
"Well then my dear, we are left in quite the predicament." I smirked, tucking a piece on her hair behind her ear as my hand came to rest on her cheek. We locked eyes as hers sparkled in the mid-day sun. I leaned forward and placed my lips against hers as she held my face in her hands, almost grasping at what was happening. No sooner than it had begun, we pulled away this time with me cradling her face in my hands. "I know the most exquisite restaurant, a block or two from here. 8 o'clock on the dot, tonight." I whispered in her ear.
"Wouldn't happen to be The Royale, would it?"

"But of course." I chuckled, earning a small laugh from Y/N. "So, be there for 8, no later."
"You have my word."
"Until then my dear." I winked before placing a kiss on her cheek and walking in the opposite direction. I can't believe she agreed, let alone shared the same feelings for me as I do for her. Sherlock old boy, you have done well. Now, to scrub up for tonight's dinner with Y/N.

_______________________________________________________
Thank you all for reading, as mentioned above this was requested for by Stormy3187 who has voted on all my chapters and has been my first request. I hope it turned out sort of how you wanted it, I tried my best.

Thanks for reading, peace out brevcakes ✌🏼️😎