Vol. 1/ Chapter 4: Cause and Effect

(A/N: Note that this is my 1st time experimenting with character P.O.V’s
It might not be perfect, so I'll be happy to receive some criticism if I made mistakes on my part. Anyhow, expect more P.O.V’s in the future updates. Enjoy!)

~~~~~~~

⟨Alpha's P.O.V

“What am I even doing...”

I muttered under my breath as I walk away from the house. I knew that Lee was keen on knowing where I wanted to go to, since the thought that a former Ascendant going outside made him rethink his entire life.

I don't blame him, or should I say I can't, since he has seen countless constructs be struck down by the corrupted, which are associated with us sometimes. If he still can't trust me, it's none of my business.

I make my way out of Yorktown street, which was where I'm miraculously living. A couple of people which I assume are the same age as me walked past me. They were all felines, which still made no sense to me up to this day.

What kind of god would transport a teenage soldier from a place full of corrupted machines to a planet with individuals having animalistic features? It didn't make sense at all.

‘Since they're going farming, might as well find something pleasing.’ 

I thought internally, before crossing the adjacent road. I find myself walking down into a sloped road made from older cobblestones. The street was connected to the main road, yet it was seemingly deserted, further piquing my interest. I stop in the edge of the block just in time to see two Victorian soldiers walking away from the place in a hasty manner.

What in tarnation would make them look like that? Their clothes had pockmarks of dirt and grime, like they got into a fight. Walking for a good five minutes or so into the deserted neighborhood, I finally spotted the first signs of life within the area other than the two previous soldiers I saw.

It was only one person, but their clothes contrasted the current fashion here in Victoria. Also, It seemed so out of place for two white vans to be out parked in the side of a deserted area of town, so I decided to stick close to the buildings.

Another person comes out from the parked vehicle and converses with the first person I saw. Both of them were male and of average height and build, but they were armed with weapons. It's my first time seeing someone carry a sword in public other than military officials, so my curiosity spiked even higher.

There was surprisingly a large amount of uninhabited apartments on this block, so I decided to force my way into one of them. It's not considered housebreaking when no one's around to be called a witness, so why should I be afraid?

I climb my way towards the second floor so I can get a good vantage point on these two individuals. I sit down on a dusty chair that was situated near the window and began listening in to their conversation.

“...said that we should keep it discreet when...mercenaries...” I heard the first man talk, but it was a bit fuzzy due to the distance.

“...tor is crazy, recruiting ex Victorian soldiers into our ranks... he's crazy, but I can't deny he has the brains.” The second man said. Both of their faces was covered in some sort of ski mask, and add to the fact that they wore sunglasses, I failed to see through their disguise.

The two of them soon talked in hushed tones afterwards, so I had no luck in further learning what they were up to. I did manage to get the word mercenaries  out of their topic, so I had an idea what they were up to. I even had the luck to see that one of the vans was packed full of people in the back.