Vol. 3/ Chapter 2- Assets of the state [part 2]

Outer edges of Kazdel's border,
Babel headquarters,
Rhodes Island landship.

As she reviewed the reports taped on the wall, Elizabeth made a mental note. The last few phrases of her team's report were highlighted as she drew a line through them with her pen.

She was completing the report as quickly as she could because it was already dusk when they returned from the operation in Victoria and she didn't want the Doctor to give her a hard time.

It was a miracle they didn't have to confront the killteams Armatek dispatched in county hillock, since she hoped before the operation commenced that everything was going to go smoothly on their side.

They can still be a problem to deal with, even though it was determined later on that the dead troops that ashen haired Sarkaz slaughtered were only a tier 4 killteam. The feline's ears twitched as she heard heavy footsteps coming down the hallway, stopping her in her work and forcing her to look up.

It was Ace and Scout, and she was able to tell something had gone very wrong by the expressions on their faces. It wasn't everyday occurrence that there are attacks from Theresis' forces, is what she initially thought.

“What's with the two of you? Did the Doctor give you an earful?” Elizabeth asked, sliding the papers on the brown folder on her desk.

“We need you on the clinic ASAP, Kal'tsit's orders. That crazy lady we brought took Closure as a freaking hostage!” Scout said, tossing Elizabeth's sheathed short sword at her. She caught it midair and wore a confused expression.

“Wha... Hah? She's already awake? I thought you said 3 dosage of that dart was enough to keep her asleep for a day?” Elizabeth asked in annoyance as she puts on her combat gear, which was hanging beside her table.

“I mean it should be that, but I don't know how... Wait, she might have a high immunity on tranquilizers!”

“Get a move on! We'll talk on the way.” Ace roared at them, forcing them to go.

Elizabeth hastily slapped on her belt buckle, before clipping her sheathed sword on her waist.

“How did she manage to take miss Closure as hostage anyway? I thought you left a group of operators to keep an eye on her?” Elizabeth asked as the three of them ran in the hallway, their presence alone paving a path in the crowd of regular mercenaries.

"We reviewed the CCTV footage in the command center. She suddenly sprang into action and knocked all of the guys out, before making a beeline towards the exit. Unfortunately, some of our medics and engineering crew were unluckily mingling near the door, so she just grabbed the nearest person she saw." Ace responded as they rounded a corner.

“She did make an effort to fight back, but Closure was easily overwhelmed.” according to Scout. They reached the section of the hallway that connected the cafeteria and hospital ward.

There, they saw a huge crowd of combat ready operators in the entrance, most of them were senior operators, specifically Ace's squad members.

Upon closer inspection, Elizabeth spotted Blaze and a couple more operators inside the medical ward, seemingly communicating with the ashen haired Sarkaz.

Weedy was among them, who, in the cover of the others, was setting up her water cannon as a means to knock the unruly girl unconscious.

She also spotted Logos and Misery, who were both visibly ready to take action the moment an order was given. Spark and Stormeye were also standing by near Blaze.

“Dr. Kal'tsit!” Elizabeth called out to the lynx-lady who was talking to a certain white haired Sarkaz. They turned around and saw the trio walking towards them.