Vol. 3/ Chapter 1: Assets of the state

Terra
Columbia, City of Ironforge.

Smoke rose up high in the sky the nomadic city of Ironforge broke off it's docking state, starting it's massive engines powered by originium.

A good supply of just about anything, ranging from varying kinds of food and medicine, to sophisticated supplies for the numerous Private military contractors registered inside the city, arrived from the neighboring city of Nulaiteburgh.

Merchants from both sides were now returning to their respective cities. Trade was skyrocketing at this time of the year, especially seafood from Lungmen and Yan, due to the high demand from the denizens of Ironforge.

Meanwhile, Nulaiteburgh needed large machines to bolster it's growing construction projects. It was good that both cities where travelling parallel to one another.

Although Ironforge is larger than the normal nomadic cities in Columbia, the downside was that it needs to constantly import goods from other mobile cities, such as the case with it's recent docking with Nulaiteburgh.

Ironforge was larger compared to that of Nulaiteburgh, housing twice the number of civilians in it's massive platforms. It is, after all, the center of some of the biggest PMC's that operate legally outside the law and borders of Columbia.

Black steel Worldwide, also known as BsW alongside rival defense contractor Raythean are housed in here. There were countless more private military contractors headquartered in the city, although they are relatively small.

Adelaide stood on the tarmac of her company's headquarters. Hannya Armatek, that was the name of the organization she belongs to. It was a multi-purpose company, specializing in providing well trained professionals to anyone able to procure them.

Although BsW and Raytheon are long-standing rivals in the field, the arrival of another strong contender over a decade ago gave birth to a new competition.

It was amidst the growing expansion of Columbia, so it was a fierce competition. Many countries that needed weapons picked Raythean's heavy weaponry, while those that needed reliable security personnel opted for BlackSteel's mercenaries.

However, Armatek had something they could offer that the previous two don't have. They fielded the latest microchip along the sophisticated new heads-up-display, which was still being researched by its rivals.

And they also have a private army ready to be deployed on short notice.

It was clear who dominated the top of the food chain.

Adelaide glanced behind her. Two transport helicopters were finishing it's landing, the distinct 'chug' of rotor blades dying filled her ears. It was loaded with the vehicles and also the surviving members of her killteam.

She spares a glance towards the now shrinking visage of Nulaiteburgh, it's intended course heading towards the desert, probably the desert city of Tkaronto near the borders of Sargon.

She sighs, feeling the fatigue of the mission they just finished. Her mind wasn't clearly ready when her team reconnoitered the back of the house. Not only did Drew's entire kill team was dead, they were also placed inside body bags from Babel.

A discharged tranquilizer dart on the ground made her realize that their technological rival stole one of the assets they were supposed to retrieve.
And after an hour of searching, a tier 4 kill team discovered Drew's body in some abandoned warehouse, drowned in his pool of blood. Signs of torture was present, and that made her blood boil.

"Those fucking vultures..." Adelaide muttered, referring to Babel.

As she walked towards the building, incessant chattering of some tier 4 agents reached her ears, making her glance to her left. There were three people standing near the checkpoint area, and two were looking at her.