CHAPTER 5

Busy movements were heard early in the morning.

She took a longer than usual soak in the bath and let the maids take care of her, spreading the thick fragrant oil on her body.

She was seriously worried about how tight her corset was. It seemed to choke her, and if it didn’t, her stomach and intestines would pop out and suffocate her before she could do anything else in this life.

Filina, yawning with a bored face at being surrounded by servants, was richly dressed.

She turned to Laura, who was busy smoothing her hair.

“Please, just do it roughly.”

In her bored voice, Laura spoke with a deliberately serious look on her face.

“Miss, what do you mean? The Crown Prince will be coming to this ball. You have to be more gorgeous than anyone else.”

The meaning of “more than anyone else” that came out of her mouth was probably referring to the Hailey family’s daughter, whom the Crown Prince had earlier identified as his fiancée.

A weary smile escaped from between Filina’s lips.

No matter how glamorously she decorated, how could she take the place of the heroine whose only illumination falls between the shadows?

“As soon as your hair is done, it will all be over, so please be a little patient. My Lady. This is also a matter of pride for me.”

“…How can you put your pride on my hair?”

Gathering Filina’s red hair in one fluid motion, Laura hung it high and pinned it in place with deft hands.

Her face repeatedly moved this way and that to show how tightly she held it in place.

“Lilly, wouldn’t it be nicer to put a feather here? Or would it be more beautiful with a rose?”

Laura asked Lilly, who was helping her with the preparation, with a serious look on her face.

“Of course roses. Lady Filina looks best with red roses, don’t you think?”

Lily didn’t hesitate to offer the red rose corsage to Laura.

Laura quickly took the rose from Lilly’s hand and placed it classically on Filina’s head.

Finally, all the hair work was done and the maids gathered around Filina exclaimed in admiration.

“You are so beautiful, Young Lady. You look like a noble queen born in a rose garden.”

Wearing a dress decorated with frills as colorful as excessive, her appearance stood out.

Her upper body was tightened as much as possible and the contour lines of her body could be clearly seen, and the deep open collar showed her protruding bones above her white skin were very striking.

It was, as they said, very beautiful.

If a beautiful rose were to turn into a person, this was what it would look like.

If the glamour went beyond the limit, it was burdensome, but the dry expression on her lips naturally adjusted the beauty that may be excessive to the appropriate temperature.

No one thoughtlessly pointed out her cold face, as if it was natural for roses to have sharp thorns.

In fact, it would have been much more awkward if they had genuinely laughed in Filina’s face.