CHAPTER 31

Filina spotted a building not far away that looked like a dormitory and walked towards it.

Her hands, which were holding her bags, were slowly getting sore. She fixed her bags again so that it wouldn’t fall off and kept walking.

However, as soon as she turned the corner, she collided with a man walking from the other side.

Fortunately, Filina didn’t hit him hard, so she didn’t fall, but instead her two bags and longsword fell to the floor.

“I’m sorry.”

The man, who was considerably taller than her, was not the least bit disturbed by the collision with Filina.

He bent down and carefully picked up the bags she had dropped. It was only after he had picked up the two bags in turn and brushed them clean of dust that he attempted to pick up the longsword that was next to it.

“This sword……”

The man mumbled with a slightly surprised look on his face as he picked up the sword from the floor.

Filina looked at his face quietly.

His black hair frayed softly, revealing eyes that were even darker than that, and a mask that hid a suffocating glow around them.

It was Leon.

Looking at the long sword in his hand, Filina felt embarrassed.

She hadn’t yet thought of what words she would use to give the sword to Leon.

Also, she didn’t expect to see him so soon. It was a completely unexpected encounter.

Leon stared at the longsword in his hand, then quickly raised his head.

“…It’s a bit strange to call it a coincidence, isn’t it?”

Filina averted her gaze awkwardly at Leon’s words. Then he spoke in a lowered voice.

“I think I’ve seen you once before, at the last exam………..”

The voice sounded suspicious of her.

Certainly because a woman whose face he didn’t even know was holding the exact same longsword that he was using.

Filina sighed gloomily.

She didn’t make this sword to get misunderstood like this.………

It was a situation that wouldn’t have happened if his sword didn’t break in vain in the first place.

So the cause was all on Hugh Fieldman.

She cursed Hugh inwardly and decided to tell Leon honestly.

“Actually, the person who broke your sword is an acquaintance of mine.”

“What’s that……?”

“During the third practical exam, did you notice anything strange?”

At any given time, he was alert to the slightest movement in his surroundings.

At that time, students often noticed that the exam was different from usual. Therefore, Leon, with his keen senses, would have noticed the anomaly in the exam even earlier than anyone else.

“…You mean magic?”

His face was half hidden by the mask, so she couldn’t see what expression he had on his face, but she could see his voice lower than usual, and her eyes were drawn to his brows, which must have been slightly warped.