Chapter 57

Filina asked with a frown. According to Hugh, the effects she experienced were exaggerated.

If she took only half of the potion, the effects should have appeared after 30 minutes as they were, and the effect should have been less than what she felt before.

However, she did not feel much difference from the first time she took the potion, as the effect went into effect within 10 minutes of taking it, so much so that she felt no need to finish the whole potion.

Hugh shrugged lightly and said.

“That’s what I was wondering too. Well, I have a general idea….”

He sighed abruptly and added.

“I thought it was compatible with you, but maybe it was the other way around.”

Filina wiggled her eyebrows and asked.

“What do you mean by that? Explain it to me.”

Hugh raised his lips smoothly.

“I need to check something out first, so let’s talk about it later. At least after you’ve recovered.”

Filina parted her lips with an absurd look on her face.

“Why do you make people curious and then leave like that?”

“I have to leave you curious so you will think about me.”

Hugh turned around with a wink. Filina watched him walk toward the door and laughed blankly, taken aback.

Hugh looked back at her for a moment before stepping outside.

“I’ll make you a potion later. Try to hang on for now with what’s left.”

He waved his hand and left the infirmary without further ado.

Silence came again in the space where people had been talking. A thin breeze was blowing through the window.

Filina, who had been looking at the place where Hugh had left, stared at the seat next to her.

The steady breathing that had been heard through the white curtains had changed finely.

****

The next day, the cadets gathered in the afternoon in the training hall. Group training continued from yesterday.

This time, instead of Carmen, Lawrence conducted the class alone.

“Today we are going to train using the hallucinogenic fruit that you all brought.”

The cadets positioned in front of him were not with the team they belonged to, but with the team they wntered the Wind Forest with.