CHAPTER 27

After the fight with the demon was over, Filina turned straight around and walked, scrambling through the grass.

Cecilia, who had been vaguely watching her, also greeted Henry and hurried to follow Filina. Their escort knights also followed along.

Henry, who until then had been standing there staring at Filina, suddenly lowered his head and took a quick look at his shoes. The black military boots were imposing and clearly marked with the shoe marks left by Filina.

“Master Henry.”

Philip, Henry’s escort knight, approached him.

“That’s Lady Filina , the eldest daughter of the Debussy family, right?”

At his question, Henry raised his head and stared at the spot where Filina had disappeared. It seemed that she had already walked far, and only the green grass was fluttering in the wind on the overgrown forest path.

“She’s much more beautiful than I’d heard rumors about.”

Philip recited in a small, admiring voice, and shortly looked back at Henry with a suspicious expression.

“By the way, did you do anything wrong to the Lady?”

At his question, Henry shifted his gaze and stared at Philip. Then Philip tilted his head and added, unconsciously.

“I think the Lady doesn’t like Master Henry very much.”

At Philip’s words, Henry opened his mouth in a low voice, frowning.

“To begin with, I’ve met Lady Debussy only three times, no, four times to date. Not once have we even had a conversation.”

When Henry said this, he asked Philip with a puzzled look.

“So, what the hell did I do wrong?”

Philip nodded quietly.

“Then I guess it was a mistake.”

Somehow Henry couldn’t answer Philip’s words easily.

For he thought of Filina’s face as she had coldly refused the handkerchief he had offered her.

Henry averted his gaze for a moment and glanced at the handkerchief in his hand.

Demon blood, with its fishy smell, was highly toxic and would cause pain if exposed to the skin for too long.

Moreover, the feeling of it coagulating and burning must have been horrifyingly eerie.

Still, Filina wiped it off roughly with her hand, a cold expression on her face.

It was both reckless and foolish of her to do such a thing with the handkerchief he had offered in front of her.

“Master Henry?”

Philip tilted his head and called Henry in a doubtful voice. Henry, who had been staring at the handkerchief like that, quickly shifted his body and moved his feet through the grass.

“What? I’m coming with you!”

Philip hurried to follow Henry as he walked without thinking.

Meanwhile, Filina, who was on her way to the Princess with Cecilia, still wasn’t holding back her anger.

Cecilia said that Henry often came here to hunt.

But that didn’t bother her at all. She was just annoyed by the look on his face as he reluctantly answered her words.

When they returned to the Princess, everyone looked surprised to see Cecilia covered in dirt.

Filina was in a fine state. Her cheeks, which were covered with the blood of the demon, were clear from how sincerely Henry had wiped them, and he had even removed all the makeup Laura did.