Chapter 67

The weapons he chose were a long sword and armor. It was a weapon that wasn’t particularly special, but there were some choices that were different from the others.

There wasn’t just one type of armor.

From solid armor to a shield worn on the hand, a helmet worn on the head, and a mysterious white ball that uses magic to create a transparent protective shield, various uses stood out. He could only choose one of them.

Most chose a shield to wear on their hands. The magic ball would have been quite useful if used well, but because it was a strange object, not many people used it for important tests.

Leon, on the other hand, held the magic orb in his left hand and a long sword in the other hand.

The instructor freed the monster that had been imprisoned in the cage. Then, a monster the size of a palm crawled out on all fours.

“What, why is such a cute monster?”

A small exclamation flowed from the surroundings. Some said Leon was lucky and envied that the test would be over soon.

However, the little monster that came out of the cage dug the ground and went inside.

A cool silence lingered in the hall.

“No, what kind of monster goes into the ground in an instant? Mole?”

The cadets who were watching the exam muttered in absurd voices. However, Leon did not show any particular expression.

He quietly scanned the large space that stretched out into the hall. It was impossible to predict where the monster had disappeared.

Then, in an instant, the monster jumped out at Leon’s feet. The monster who people thought was cute, opened his mouth, revealing two teeth the size of a forearm.

The monster who jumped high towards Leon quickly dug back into the ground.

A chilling silence continued in the hall.

“… Who said that monster was cute? Apologize right now.”

One of the cadets who was watching the exam muttered with a serious face. As he said, the way the monster attacked was very ugly.

It was an enemy who caught his opponent off guard and then quickly launched an attack.

Leon stopped moving. The sword blade was lowered so that the sound did not flow as much as possible.

His black eyes stared quietly at the ground.

And the monster appeared again. This time, it cut through the ground at a distance from Leon and quickly moved forward.

It was only when the monster reached in front of Leon’s shoes that it jumped high into the air. At the same time, Leon threw the magic ball he was holding in his left hand at the monster.