CHAPTER 26

***

The dry air swept over her skin as Filina stepped through the grass. The chilling atmosphere gave her goosebumps. Filina looked around and found Cecilia.

Two deer had fallen nearby. Not far from her, she saw Cecilia sitting on the ground, shivering.

An escort knight stood firmly in front of her, protecting Cecilia.

“Lady Filina. Please stay here.”

Enoch, who had witnessed the situation before him, stood with his back against Filina’s front with a stiff face. He gripped his sword tightly.

The sky, which had been glowing, had sunk as if it had never been that way before. Filina slowly took a deep breath, looking at the thing in front of her.

It wasn’t just any animal. It was a demon that only appeared in this world.

Clank!

The knight’s sword, which was blocking the demon’s huge teeth, was split in half.

The demon devoured him while emitting a monstrous voice. The teeth were like spear blades visible through its mouth and the thick saliva gave off a disgusting smell.

Enoch ran fast and attacked the demon’s head with his sword. But the beastly creature didn’t flinch and bounced his blade back with a shake of its head.

Gritting his teeth, Enoch stepped on the demon’s nose and climbed high above it. In that position, he put his weight on it and swung his blade.

A sharp sound blew across the wind.

The demon blocked Enoch’s sword with its fierce teeth.

The demon’s deafening cry rang out.

Cecilia hid behind her guard while he held back the demon. Her messy hair was tangled with dirt and dust.

Filina, watching her, clenched her fists quietly.

Cecilia is going to learn everything well as a heroine.

She will take what someone has struggled to achieve over the years with vain ease.

However, if someone attacked her, it was not her place to overcome them. Cecilia would not be able to survive on her own.

It was the job of the male protagonist to save her.

Isn’t it just a bloody setting?

Cecilia’s green eyes met Filina’s for a moment as she was looking around with an anxious expression.

“Ah, My Lady ………..”

Her green pupils, which resembled a field of green grass, gave a strong tremor as her sad voice echoed hollowly through the wide grass.

“It’s dangerous! Please run away quickly!”

It was absurd.

Filina couldn’t understand why Cecilia told her to leave when she was in the most danger.

Filina cringed and stared at Enoch, who was fighting the demon.

Clank!

Enoch’s sword could not overcome the power of the ferocious demon, and it was gradually pushed back. At this rate, his sword would break as well.

It wasn’t simply a matter of Enoch’s ability, he was a swordsman no one could beat. In the original story, Enoch was not Filina’s guardian knight. He was Cecilia‘s knight, to be exact.