CHAPTER 25

Filina followed the Princess and looked around, a light breeze blowing through the dense grass.

It was indeed a lazy afternoon. Her mind was relaxed.

The imperial princess walking in front of her also had a smile on her face, as if she felt the same way as Filina.

“I should come out more often now. It seems that all the stress of being confined to the Imperial Palace will be relieved.”

Saying this, Hestia beckoned to the escort who was walking the horse beside her.

The horse that had been walking slowly came to a stop, and the other ladies who had been following the Princess stopped with her.

“Shall I walk without my guard?”

Hestia said as she turned around and looked at Filina.

“Will it be okay?”

Filina asked with a worried look on her face, and other voices boomed from behind her as well.

“It’s not safe, Princess! What if you get hurt?”

“Yes! How worried would His Majesty be if the Princess’ body was injured?”

Hestia laughed out with a dumbfounded look at the ladies’ words.

“His Majesty is worried about whom? That’s nonsense.”

Fabien made a strange face at her reply.

“It’s only natural for parents to worry about their children. Besides, you’re an imperial Princess.”

It was an easy conversation to have.

The Imperial Palace was a place where all interactions begin with status. It was extremely rare for them to experience emotional solidarity.

“Lady Fabien.”

Filina opened her mouth with a ladylike expression.

“There is nothing natural in this world.”

Everyone’s eyes turned to her. A cool breeze blew through her hair.

Filina lifted her lips softly and continued.

“We all come from different backgrounds. We all have different personalities and different interests. But how can we all follow the same flow?”

“ Is that so?”

Fabien looked at Filina with an uncomfortable expression on her face.

Filina nodded and continued.

“I’ve never had my father worry about me, either. But I am rather grateful for it. If I had grown up with my parents controlling me, I wouldn’t have had the freedom to do the activities I enjoy so much.”

Hestia, who had been listening to her, opened her mouth with a small laugh.

“I should also thank Duke Debussy when I meet him. Thanks to him, I had this valuable experience.”

Filina asked with a quiet voice.

“Would you like to pull the horse yourself?”

“Knight.”

The Princess beckoned to the escort knight, who briefly explained how to pull the horse and handed over the reins to Hestia.

The brown horse began to move according to her gesture. Even though it was her first time, Filina thought it was amazing how undeterred the Princess was.