CHAPTER 10

“Lady Debussy.”

Ian opened his mouth, his brows furrowing gently.

“What in the world are you wearing?”

Ian said with a wry smile as he slowly looked over Filina’s appearance.

The outfit she was wearing was one that Filina had personally ordered from her maid of honor, but at first glance it looked more like a horse riding suit.

However, there were few parts that expressed the flexing of the body, and the clothes were maximized for practicality in activities.

The only thing that bothered Ian was the traces of mud all over her clothes and her messily tied up hair.

He had never seen a woman appear in such a terrible state to meet the Crown Prince before.

“I am afraid I look like this because His Highness did not inform me of his visit beforehand.”

Filina recited with a serious face.

She could see Ian’s eyebrows furrowing, but Filina paid no heed and continued again.

“It’s usually polite to send notice in advance.”

After all, the meaning behind her words was Ian’s fault for visiting the Duke’s house without any word of warning. A faint smile appeared on his face as he listened intently to Filina’s words.

“I thought it was the prince’s privilege to be welcomed at any time without prior notice of a visit to any families.”

“The more things a person like His Highness has, the less privileges you must have. Only then will you be able to get one step closer to your people. We must not forget the fact that the moment privilege is taken for granted, it becomes an absurd right.”

Ian replied with a sour look.

“You are nagging me with sincerity, huh?”

Then he added to the conversation in a disgruntled voice.

“I understand. Next time I’ll make sure to send a notice beforehand.”

Filina’s brows contracted. Hidden meaning in his words were he would visit her again.

She desperately hoped that today would be his last visit.

Ian’s golden eyes united as he gazed at her tied up hair.

Ian walked slowly towards Filina.

She watched him quietly as he slowly approached her, and her brow furrowed when Ian went behind her.

Standing behind Filina, his long, slender fingers brushed her hair slightly.

Then, all at once, he untied the elastic band on Filina’s hair bun.

Her red hair, which had been in disarray, scattered brilliantly above her waist.

Various colors erupted from the light streaming through the window, beautifully mixed together.

“‘

What is it that you are doing now?!”

Filina tried to turn her head away with a bewildered expression .

Then Ian turned her face forward again with his large hands.

“Stay like that for a minute.”

His low voice penetrated into Filina’s ear.

The hands that had hotly cupped her cheeks went straight across the skin and grazed her ear. Reflexively, Julia trembled slightly.