CHAPTER 42

A voice rang out, “Come in.”

“I am seeing Your Highness.”

Filina spoke in a proper voice and bowed her head. Letting her in, Lawrence quietly closed the door behind him and stepped outside.

Filina glanced at Weaver, who was standing beside her. He was staring at her with a frown on his face.

“Where are you looking now? Princess Debussy.”

Noticing her, Ian asked with a look of discontent.

“No, I guess I have to call you Sir Debussy.”

He looked at Filina and said softly.

“Raise your head.”

Filina straightened her back with a slow motion. As soon as she did, his golden eyes and her gaze intertwined directly.

Ian rested his chin on his hand against Weaver’s desk, staring at her.

“…… I thought you’d be crying, but you look better than I thought.”

Filina’s brow furrowed.

She couldn’t understand why in the world Ian was even here. No, the Imperial Palace sponsored the Swordsmanship Academy, so it was normal that he came here.

She just didn’t understand why he had called her.

By now, he should be playing tag with Cecilia.

He would have seduced Cecilia to achieve his goal.

Ian used her to become emperor, but Cecilia couldn’t see into any particular future. It was not her will to have such power in the first place.

Ian found out about this fact later, and he tried to find a way to see his future through Cecilia at any cost.

He ended up visiting a certain person who was well versed in the reasoning of the world, and he learned that the only way to see his future was to bind her body completely.

The moment she came to love him, he would be able to see his near future through his dreams.

“Could you excuse us for a moment? I want to follow Sir Debussy’s progress.”

With his eyes still fixed on Filina, Ian spoke to Weaver.

It wasn’t enough that Ian had come suddenly, Weaver now had to leave his office. He couldn’t help but had to nod and turn around.

On the other hand, the way he glanced at Filina was all the more curious.

A few moments later, a quiet air descended in the office as Weaver left, closing the door behind him.

Ian stared at Filina silently.

From her red hair, tied high, to the fine collar insignia near her shoulders and the Swordsmanship Academy mark on her left chest, to the buttons with the eagle on them, to the hem of her pants, which fell neatly without a single crease.

He observed Filina obsessively.

“The school uniform looks pretty good on you.”

Ian muttered in a muffled voice.

He didn’t know she would pull off the military uniform this well.

“Were the uniforms always this luxurious?”

Ian had a serious look on his face as if he was really curious.

“Your Highness.”

Filina sighed as she called him, and Ian frowned.