Chapter Fifty Two

"Are you sure it's a good idea, B?" Veronica asked with concern as he entered Betty's house.

"Yeah, it feels, I don't know—rude?" I bit on my bottom lip.

"It's fine, guys—" Betty coughed and stopped midway. "Hey, mom!"

"Hi, Mrs Cooper." Veronica and I greeted.

"What's with the three musketeers doing here?" She quirked.

"They're sleeping over. We are going to have a girls sleepover tonight." Betty grinned.

"Is that a good idea, really? Are you three up to something? Because I would know when something's fishy."

"It's been awhile since we had a sleepover, mom."

Mrs Cooper rolled her eyes, particularly at me, before sighing. "Fine. But, you know the rules. I don't want to see either of you doing something suspicious."

"Roger that!" We said in unison and followed Betty to her room before locking the door behind us.

I had forgotten a little about the murder case until Betty insisted that we interrogate Polly. Okay, not really interrogate, but we're asking her questions to find out what she knows.

Betty still finds it suspicious that she would end up in a place like that and had no idea her boyfriend was killed. It was possible that the missing pieces of the investigation would fit with Polly.

Honestly, this case that's happening in Riverdale had question my sanity whether I would be sane enough to live in a town like this for the rest of my life. I mean I get it. It's a small town yes, but, it's even more unusual for cases like this to happen in a suburban area.

"Betty, I seriously don't think it's such a good idea to talk to your sister." I said. "You're mom would probably kill us if she finds out we're still onto the case."

"I can't just let this go! She doesn't know that Cheryl's brother was killed before we told her for Christ's sake." She groaned.

"I take that Cheryl is not a huge fan of Polly too?" I asked.

"Definitely not. If she is, I don't think we are her nemesis right now."

"How do you propose we approach Polly?" Veronica asked.

"I had a plan in mind but I don't know if it's going to work." She replied softly.

"What is it?"

She sighed and brushed her hand across her hair. "Since Polly isn't really talking to me, I was thinking of asking Sandra to talk to her."

I gawked. She cannot be serious, can she?

"Are you joking?" Veronica scoffed. "If Polly doesn't want to talk to her parents, let alone her sister, what makes you think she'll talk to someone she barely knew?"

"Yes, and that's the whole point of asking Sandra to go. It cannot be you V because she knows you too and maybe there's a reason why she refused to talk to us."

"I-I don't know what to ask."

"Just anything you think it's important to know. But, I need to know why she escaped." Betty said.

"B, I really don't think it's a good idea. Your mom would freak if she checks up on Polly right when Sandra's inside."

"Okay, okay. Guys relax. I'm going right now."

I took deep breaths in as I crept out of Betty's room. Polly's room was just beside hers, so I had to make as little sound as possible as I made my way there.