Chapter Three

I woke up from the sound of my loud, blaring alarm that I set on my phone last night. I made sure that I've set my alarm 7:00 so that I would not be late for my first day of school. Once I got the courage to sit up on my bed, I off the annoying alarm and threw the sheets to the side of the bed. The sole of my feet touched the wooden floor and it felt cold beneath my feet.

I tied my hair in a high bun before going inside the bathroom to brush my teeth and all sort of necessities. Then, I picked out an outfit for school; a black hoodie and a white skinny jeans, and changed into them. This should be appropriate. The reason why I want to wear something like this was because I don't like to be the center of attention as I would prefer to blend in with the crowd. I sat on the chair that was placed in front of the dressing table and get started to do my makeup.

My face is acne-free and my mom and all of my friends said that I am blessed to have such a clear face. So, I do not need to apply much makeup but I just need concealer to cover up my dark eye circles. I did my eyebrows and applied mascara on my eyelashes to lengthen them. I also applied lip balm on my lip. I untied my hair from the bun and let my natural blonde curls to flow freely down my back. I stood up and take a look at myself in the mirror. I looked ready to go except I've not worn my shoes. I wore my comfortable converse shoe before grabbing my phone and backpack and headed downstairs.

I came down to see both of my parents sitting on the dining table, eating their breakfast. I was shocked to see them here because around this time, they would leave for work. The both of them noticed my presence and each gave me a hug once I stood in front of them.

"Good morning, sweetheart."

"Good morning, Sandra." My mom and dad said at the same time.

I grinned and greeted them back. "Do you want some pancakes?" My dad asked. I checked the clock and it's already 7:30.

"No thanks but I'll just have a glass of orange juice since I'm going to be late." I said. I poured myself a glass of orange juice and gulped it finished in few swallows.

"Wow, that was fast!" My mom joked. I chuckled. "Come on, Sandra. I'm driving you to school today." My mom said. My eyes sparkled and I fist pump in the air. Initially, I was supposed to take the bus or walk to school as it's only about a 15 minutes walk, I guess.

"Okay, let's go." My mom said taking her bag with her. "Bye, Marcus." My mom kissed my dad's cheek.

"Bye, Agnes." My dad said. "And also, good luck, Alessandra."

"Thanks, dad and bye!" I waved before closing the front door. My mom and I got into the garage and drove off to school.

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

My mom dropped me off at the school entrance and whew, it was the worst place to drop your child because everyone's eyes were on me the whole entire time.

I could hear whispers about me, well, I think it's me, students whispering, 'whose that new girl right there?', 'who is she?', 'I think she's new', 'she looks ugly', 'she looks dull' and many other whispers. My heart clenched when some of them said I was ugly and dull. I felt self conscious about my appearance right now and I always have been. I couldn't keep my head straight after hearing all those whispers so I dropped my head low and continued walking towards the school entrance's door.

I pushed open the door and luckily there were not many people in the hallway as many of them are at the school entrance. People in here were not that nosy and gossipy compared to the ones that are outside. Most of them are at their lockers taking out their books, talking with their friends or either playing with phones.